hf1

Help - Poo leak in Ittis

My avatar
snapdragon
Clothie
Clothie

Help - Poo leak in Ittis

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:56 pm

We have been using Ittis for about 4 months (my LO is now 8 months old) and have got on really well with them but in the past 2 weeks I have had 4 incidents of poo leakage from my Ittis (2 today).

I can't understand what has changed or what I am doing wrong. Has anyone got any suggestions for what I might need to look at. Could I be doing them up too tight? Or too loose?

Almost my entire stash is Ittis now because we love them and have got on so well with them so far but I don't want to be worrying every time we go out that we are going to get a messy leak.

FYI, my LO does poo 2-3 times a day and when we first weaned her poos got much firmer but have seemed to get sloppier again recently (sorry, TMI) but still not like :bf: poo.

Any suggestions?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help - Poo leak in Ittis

Postby evansmummy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:21 pm

What size ittis are you using? Could be that your need to go up a size..

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:29 pm

I had to sell all of our ittis because I got totally fed up of leaks!

I managed to stop the poop leaks by just using the trifold (without the hourglass), but after a few months they weren't absorbant enough like that. But with the hourglass in too we were back to leaks and builders bum even in larges. :roll:

My avatar
snapdragon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I am fairly sure we don't need to go up a size. We have got mediums and my LO is only 16lbs and we have got the Ittis on the tightest popper on one side and second tightest on the other.

I am noticing a tiny bit of gaping at the leg, almost like the outers won't fully fit round the inserts, but I haven't really noticed this before. I don't think I can go tighter on the poppers without it being uncomfortable.

Interestingly, we don't have a problem with builders bum at all, in fact up the back poos is where the ittis provide the best containment for us.

Has anyone had any experience of this when the situation has just improved after a couple of weeks as their LO has changed shape again? Really don't want to sell my ittis and have to find a different core nappy as I have only just got my OH and mum to 'get' how they work for nappy changes!!

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:48 pm

:hug: i know what you mean, ittis are our main stash and i love them....my lo was in larges by 16lbs though (hes just 7months) as i was getting the gape around the leg and they just didnt hold wee like before, the larges fit him so much better, still a low rise but more coverage with the inserts, hope the problem fixes itself soon and it isnt a size issue :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm

You'll probably find that as LO grows they will fit better so you won't get any leg gapes or leaks. You could try getting a large and see if it makes any difference, I'm pretty sure my DD was around that weight when we started using them. I used to love my Ittis too but unfortunately had to sell them on as Katie started outweeing them in about an hour.

My avatar
snapdragon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Argh! It looks like I might have to try a large then. Will not be best pleased if we already need to switch to large as I was expecting to get much more wear out of my mediums as I bought most of them new and have only had them about 4 months. Guess I need to have a closer look at the fit on my mediums and try some different popper settings too.

I am just puzzled because if it is a size thing and she needs the next size up should it be tight in the leg rather than gapey?

Return to AIO's (All in ones)