hf1

WNAI2 :(

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

WNAI2 :(

Postby littlesez » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:20 pm

i RECENTLY ACQUIRED 2 WN AI2 in a swap they are gorgeous and i lo ve them but they are leaking out the front quite badly :cry: is it because my little one is a heavy wetter :-? or am i doing something wrong boo hoo

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby Scotia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:39 pm

What a shame. Kerr has a couple and we don't have any problems with leaks - they have lasted him a good 4 hours or so. What inserts do you have? Ours are the 6 layer ones topped with minkee and they seem really good for Kerr.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:42 pm

we don't use them personally, but have heard something about tumble drying to re seal the waterproof bit, might this be worth a try perhaps?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Is it one of the ones with a cotton print at the top/front?
Also had the insert slipped?
How many times had the insert been washed? If it had only been used a few times before you got it then it might not be up to full absorbency...

If it's got cotton print at the front/top then it won't suit her I would say :?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby littlesez » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Scotia wrote:What a shame. Kerr has a couple and we don't have any problems with leaks - they have lasted him a good 4 hours or so. What inserts do you have? Ours are the 6 layer ones topped with minkee and they seem really good for Kerr.


one insert has 2 layers and the other has 3 layers think both minkee topped?

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:we don't use them personally, but have heard something about tumble drying to re seal the waterproof bit, might this be worth a try perhaps?


will give this ago thanks

Velvetsteph wrote:Is it one of the ones with a cotton print at the top/front?
Also had the insert slipped?
How many times had the insert been washed? If it had only been used a few times before you got it then it might not be up to full absorbency...

If it's got cotton print at the front/top then it won't suit her I would say :?


hmmm not sure steph about the cotton print how would i know :oops: got them preloved so must have been washed a few times, they are on pretty tight so dont think the insert has slipped BUT yesterday i noticed that when its on a tight setting the flaps overlap the insert right at the front where she needs most boosting so wondering if that is the cause :-? gutted as they are lovely nappies to

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:05 pm

littlesez wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Is it one of the ones with a cotton print at the top/front?
Also had the insert slipped?
How many times had the insert been washed? If it had only been used a few times before you got it then it might not be up to full absorbency...

If it's got cotton print at the front/top then it won't suit her I would say :?


hmmm not sure steph about the cotton print how would i know :oops: got them preloved so must have been washed a few times, they are on pretty tight so dont think the insert has slipped BUT yesterday i noticed that when its on a tight setting the flaps overlap the insert right at the front where she needs most boosting so wondering if that is the cause :-? gutted as they are lovely nappies to

Send me a pic and I'll tell you ;)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Sez,

We have some AI2s for M, and she gets on fab with them. Are they one fabric all the way round on the outside? Some people find that when they have a top panel of cotton they leak more (through the seam, I guess?) but I haven't noticed a massive difference (we have some that are front border cut with cotton jersey, and some that are all one minky).

We have 6 layer boosters, some are fleece and some are minky, and the minky are better at keeping her dry, but I don't think would cause leaking.

It could be that they need stripping?

Is the booster poppered at the back or the front? And i guess the side flaps must go under the front as opposed to outside? That could make a difference, but that might mean ordering new so you can choose the best combo for Izzy...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: WNAI2 :(

Postby littlesez » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:09 am

fluffy_mummy wrote:Sez,

We have some AI2s for M, and she gets on fab with them. Are they one fabric all the way round on the outside? Some people find that when they have a top panel of cotton they leak more (through the seam, I guess?) but I haven't noticed a massive difference (we have some that are front border cut with cotton jersey, and some that are all one minky).

We have 6 layer boosters, some are fleece and some are minky, and the minky are better at keeping her dry, but I don't think would cause leaking.

It could be that they need stripping?

Is the booster poppered at the back or the front? And i guess the side flaps must go under the front as opposed to outside? That could make a difference, but that might mean ordering new so you can choose the best combo for Izzy...


I think we worked out they are not cotton at the front, will have a look into stripping, the booster is poppered at the front and yes it would be better if the flaps went under it. I think if all else fails i will try to put them up for swaps for pockets as they work fab for us

Thanks :D


Return to AIO's (All in ones)