hf1

Ittis - which inserts on Newborn?

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Ittis - which inserts on Newborn?

Postby litlestar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm

My Lil Q is now 10 days old and in his first cloth nappy today.
he now weighs 8lbs2oz which is really good considering he is breastfed and they expect a 10% loss in the first week or so.

anyhow, my query is which inserts should i use for the ittis?

it is one of the most padded nappies we have and i was unsure about leaving both inserts in so i have just left the tri-fold in for now but now i'm thinking i should just use the hour glass one.

any ideas?

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Ittis - which inserts on Newborn?

Postby litlestar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Oops just realised this should be under the AIO's bit :giggle:

can i move it?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:47 pm

litlestar wrote:Oops just realised this should be under the AIO's bit :giggle:

can i move it?

Nope but I can ;)

I say the answer depends on how much absorbency you need... For the first week or so we didn't need much absorbency but after that the wetting really stepped up and we needed all the absorbency we could get!!

We didn't really get on with the fit of ittis on Grace until she was bigger as we got massive leg gape... :(

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Congratulations on your new baby :wine: Great weight gain too. Kerr took four weeks to regain his birthweight.

No idea about the inserts though :giggle:

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:22 pm

well :oops:
just changed him, he'd well and truly christened his first nappy, got both pee & poop

the tri fold did the trick, i think hes a heavier wetter than i realised. :giggle:

he's in a fuzi bunz now

loving the variety!! :lol:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:39 pm

awww newborn fluff! cuutttteeeee and congrats hun :hug: we found ittis were fab for absorbency in the first few weeks but had a really bad bf explosion experience :( and so resorted to waiting till after the big poos to use our beloved itti's :roll: i never thought of using just one insert as the top layer keeps the wetness off the skin, the trifold layer being the absorbent layer. But i can imagine that being bulky on a week old bubs :babyroll: TBH it s still a really trim nappy compared to some of our other newborn nappies.

Good luck and enjoy your newborn fluffiness :mrgreen: hope the :bf: is going well and PM me anytime for nappy or BF advise xxx

Return to AIO's (All in ones)