hf1

Wee Notions

My avatar
~Eva~
Clothie
Clothie

Wee Notions

Postby ~Eva~ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm

They keep leaking :cry: I love them but the leg area goes wet after 30mins of being on. I just bought some AI2's with the 6 layer insert and still the same thing happens. Do you think she is just a heavy wetter or am I doing something wrong? I'm quite new to cloth nappies so have no clue what's going on (or what I'm doing really :giggle: ) Anyone help?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Wee Notions

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 pm

what are you stuffing them with?

fit-wise - can you see any gaps around the leg elastic? (or does it seem quite loose?) if you can, you have leg gape, and the style isnt suited to your lo (yet :wink: )

My avatar
~Eva~
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ~Eva~ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:06 pm

The leg area seems a pretty good fit, no leg gape at all. For the AI2's I just use the insert that snap in. And for the WN pockets I usually stuff them with a BBOS insert. It seems as if they are too narrow in between her legs, so don't know if that is playing a part in the leakage.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

they are a narrow crotched pocket, and i had problems with them too (though dont any more, since charlie was weaned so has much less fluid intake).
what size are you using?

My avatar
~Eva~
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ~Eva~ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm

mediums. They are such gorgeous nappies that I'm willing them to work :giggle:

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Did you buy them new or pre-loved? Just wondering as my new WNSS always need tumble drying to seal the tiny holes in the PUL around the seams. Then they work a treat :) . Also I couldn't get BB inserts to work so switched to PD inserts with a hemp booster underneath.

My avatar
~Eva~
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ~Eva~ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:17 pm

all pre-loved.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 pm

i had problems with the mediums too. try a large if you can. i found them much much better. wider in the crotch so better for stuffing :wink:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:51 am

is it worth stripping the nappies to incase they have detergent build up.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)