Itti bitti leakage

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Itti bitti leakage

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 pm

We are getting some leaks around the legs on our itti bittis :cry:

Sandy is around 17lb and is in large sio, we tried on a medium and returned them for large (as recommended when i posted the pic on here). Anyhoo, its around the legs that im noticing leakage onto his vests, do you think once he gets a bit bigger we will get a better fit?

I have read through some of the other threads about them and it seems that some people have got a better fit when thier lo's have grown a little, and some gave up completely.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Itti bitti leakage

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

No one?

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:29 pm

How long are they lasting before they leak? You can buy mini boosters for extra absorbency. I've found them really good and we don't get any leaks unless they have been on more than 4 hours. Not really sure what to suggest other than the mini boosters really :-? Do they seem loose round his thighs?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 pm

They are a wee bit loose round his thighs, so im hoping he will grow into them. I normally change him every 2 - 2 and a half hours or 3 if he has a mini booster in aswell. Todays ones havent leaked so far, so im wondering if dh just hasnt been putting them on right!

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Lol, that could explain it :giggle:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 pm

I think i am going to limit hubby to using the bum genius, they seem to be idiot proof so are more suited to him! :hohoho:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

We get leaks on our itti AIO's if DP puts them on but their fine if I do them :roll: I've watched how he does them and shown him how I do them but I can't see what he's doing differently.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 pm

he might just be outpeeing them quickly! are you using the AIO or SIO? dd couldnt use them when before she was weaned, but can now (though she doesnt anymore coz the fit aint right :roll: ) as she has a lot less fluids.

if you get a good fit with BG and not with ittis, stick with the BG for a few weeks then try on the ittis again :wink:

oh and are you using poppered vests? coz if you are it can cause compression wicking if theyre done up underneath x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks girls :)

No he isnt wearing poppered vests now we have made a total swap to cloth as i realised quite quickly they arent great with the nappies.

I havent had another leak so im definately blaming my hubby :giggle:

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)