hf1

Nappy fit

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Nappy fit

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Our wildchild workhorse is here :wine: It's gorgeous and soft.... but it's a bit big! :shock: I got the size 2 cause she is 10kg and within the measurements on Jabulua site.... it's on the tightest snaps on both sides, but its not tight at all on her tummy and it's slightly baggy round the thighs, I've stuck the wrap on and praying it won't leak :-?

Will it shrink a little bit with washing? I've not prewashed as I was so excited to try it on :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Nappy fit

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm

The inserts may shrink a bit but I doubt the outer will - it's minkee and fleece, isn't it? In my experience only bamboo and hemp shrink slightly on washing and that's if they haven't been prewashed several times by the manufacturer/WAHM first. FC she grows into it soon.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Ok thanks. I'm confused though now, is it a fitted or AIO? I thought it was a fitted. Sorry for posting in the wrong place though

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Fayesmum wrote:Ok thanks. I'm confused though now, is it a fitted or AIO? I thought it was a fitted. Sorry for posting in the wrong place though

Workhorses are AI2s - minkee outer, microfleece inner with snap in inserts. She does make fitteds though.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Louise wrote:
Workhorses are AI2s - minkee outer, microfleece inner with snap in inserts. She does make fitteds though.

At the risk of being completely thick, it was wet on the outside when I took it off? :-?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Hmm..... Did you have a lot of leg gape? I found that until I worked out the balance with the boosters I had some leg gape with my workhorses. Martha has a high rise too so it's unusual for us to get any leg gape. Louise is right though, the workhorses and the show ponies are AI2s.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Hang on.... did you get a side snap one? The workhorses are front snapping and the size 2 is a large/extra large. With the side snapped ones the size 2 is HUGE. I am sure that there is a section on the website about the difference......

This is taken from the Wild Child website:

"The fit on these nappies is quite different to the front snap nappies simply because of the way they fasten. The size one encompasses a lower weight and smaller size range than the Workhorse but still fits a 2 year old toddler perfectly. The size two fits the toddler range perfectly. The size one has been tested on a 2.7kg newborn through to a 2.5 year old toddler and the fit was found to be perfect in all cases. The size 2 has been tested on a 14 month old through to a 3.3 year old and again there was no lack in performance or fit. "

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

No its front fastening. No problems with wicking when I took it off and it managed 2.5 hrs

Return to AIO's (All in ones)