hf1

Fit of Ittis?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Fit of Ittis?

Postby rachymoo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am

I have heard that people have had trouble with the fit of Ittis. This may sound stupid but I'm not sure if I have a problem or not.

I bought DD one in a large and it fit on the waist (I didn't even need to do it up on the tightest setting) but there was massive gaping around the legs, so I didn't bother using it, I literally just tried it on her but then sold it. I've now bought a medium which seems to fit ok and doesn't gape around the legs, but again, there didn't seem to be much room on the waist. It's not on the tightest setting, but not the loosest either. It just doesn't seem like there's much 'room to grow' if you know what I mean?

Hopefully I'm making sense here. Do you think I'm just better off sticking with mediums? As I'm impatient and I want her to wear them NOW :giggle: there's not a lot I can do about the large sizes gaping is there?

Finally, does anyone know if there's any size difference between the AIOs and the snap in ones? (just wondering as the large was a SIO and the medium is an AIO)

Thanks,
Rach xx

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Fit of Ittis?

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:10 am

Ittis are a very low rise, trim fitting nappy and leg-gape seems to be a common problem. All I can say is keep it as they may fit perfectly in a couple of weeks once your LOs shape has changed.

As for the difference between the SIO and the AIO. The AIO has a microfibre insert sown in so you just have the hour-glass booster seperate. The SIO- you have the tri-fold insert that you have to snap in yourself along with the hour-glass booster.

I found that the AIO wasn't as absorbent as the SIO due to the sewn-in insert being made from MF whereas the SIO inserts are bamboo. :D

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 am

I won't keep the large I had as I've already sold it, but I'm thinking of buying another Itti soon, do you think i should get a large then rather than a medium? xx

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 am

Yes and I am selling mine! :wink:

Martha was in mediums & larges for a while so there was a cross over period. The AIOs gape less at the leg as I find the snap-in ones are a bit bulkier in the crotch. If your dd is a light wetter like Martha is, you shouldn't have a problem with the AIOs. Martha is very skinny-legged but I find the Ittis are a fab fit. I am only selling mine because I am starting to favour fitteds & wool.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am

Why don't you try something else other than an Itti? Especially if you aren't finding a good fit with them.

I have never got the Itti Bitti bug like so many others do - probably because I hated the fit and low rise, and I wanted her nappies to fit all the time instead of a few weeks of it fitting, then a few of it not fitting etc. We found the fit terrible on Freya even though she has hammy thighs. They were really gappy at the legs yet too tight on the tummy.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 am

I tried ittis when lucas was much younger and did the same. Tried the large, had leg gape and sold straight away. Thries the medium and they were not very big on the waist so I sold them too. I waited maybe 3-4 months, maybe more and then tried again and now the larges are a fab fit and I love them :wink:

I wouldn't buy any more for now just wait until she is bigger and the try the large again. :D

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:34 pm

ive had a great fit and they were my fave nappies until this week an lala was wet through as it had run through the legs :( :( so im gonna wait a few weeks and try again

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Slightly different because Clara is so little, but similar problem - loved the itti's at the start as she couldn't pee through them like she could the BG's, but now we're getting leg gape (strangely left leg only). tried a medium on her thinking I could pull the waist in tighter as she seems to be a bit 'between snaps' on the smalls, but same problem - poo leak through left leg. now i can only get it to not leak if i do it so tight that she has horrid marks everywhere.

Absolutely gutted as I love them and I need something ultra fast drying because we don't have a drier. BG's are starting to work a little better now, but I'm still not convinced.

Not sure where to go next myself.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 pm

lol i was just gana post a thing about our prob too, we are in medium ittis and she gets major builders bum, they just dont fit so a nice person on here lent me their large and it fits! its a little more bulky but not huge and fits well! try a it!

Saskia wrote:Why don't you try something else other than an Itti? Especially if you aren't finding a good fit with them.

I have never got the Itti Bitti bug like so many others do - probably because I hated the fit and low rise, and I wanted her nappies to fit all the time instead of a few weeks of it fitting, then a few of it not fitting etc. We found the fit terrible on Freya even though she has hammy thighs. They were really gappy at the legs yet too tight on the tummy.

i totally agree with this though, i dont love them that much to keep worrying about them but luckily large fits well..at the mo

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)