hf1

BG flips? Update!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

BG flips? Update!

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 26, 2010 10:12 am

are they basically a cover and you replace the inserts? so could i use prefolds in them? i like the look of the outters for covers and like the fact that they are snapped as opposed to aplix (becuase Kieren is a master at undoring aplix in a milli-second).

I am falling in love with my prefolds again, i love the simplicity, the lack of all the inserts etc and love the fact that i can just fold them into a a wrap and away we go... but cant seem to find any wraps that i really like..apart from ME airflows.
Last edited by megansmummy on Sat May 29, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: BG flips?

Postby Caroline » Wed May 26, 2010 12:17 pm

I love our flips. Yes, they are a cover that you can put anything in. I've had all sorts of random inserts in mine and they haven't leaked. If you get some with inserts, the organic is more absorbent than the stay dry.

Have a look HERE

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed May 26, 2010 2:37 pm

I have put prefolds in ours. However I'm not sure if you'll get on with them because the rise is quite short. For a birth-to-potty nappy, I'd say maybe Leo will still be in them at one, but not much longer.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 26, 2010 2:51 pm

hmm thanks for that Joeli, maybe i will give them a miss then :-?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 pm

megansmummy wrote:hmm thanks for that Joeli, maybe i will give them a miss then :-?

Well, I just saw your classifieds wanted post and they are the same as the AIOs---so if you got on with them, then you should be okay. Maybe it's just Leo's shape that makes them awkward.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed May 26, 2010 3:56 pm

I used Flips on Brodie and they fit really well - and he's a big boy for his age, and I'm obsessed with nappies having a good rise on them (hate Ittis for that reason). So fit-wise they'd be fine I reckon.

We loved them on Brodie but not on Freya. I do think the organic inserts would be better than the staydry ones we had though, and prefolds would work perfectly, the covers are fantastic - very thin and supple compared to most PUL.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat May 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Just thought i would update...

I bought two trial packs and i really like them for covers :) i think its a nice prefold/wrap type system really and the covers are lovely as you said saskia! :wine: They havnt marked his legs which is an issue with us and wraps as he always gets ring marks on his thighs but these are lovely and soft.

As for the rise which I was worried about, I have had to popper it down to the medium rise setting as the large setting came up way past his belly button!

All in all im really impressed...i bought the organic inserts with them and i like them too, nice and trim although i use them folded the smaller way rather than how they came if that makes sense...when i put a prefold in them i use the green edged small ones (Junior joy).

The only downside i have discovered is when he poops in them...kieren has nasty poops alot of the time becuase of his soya formula and its not pretty :-? But then we would get that with any wrap and we get that with fitteds/pockets too but at least these are easier to rinse out before putting them in the machine!!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: BG flips? Update!

Postby Caroline » Sat May 29, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm glad you like them :wine: I really like the fact they are versatile as the stretchy wraps allow you use almost anything with them. I've had some pretty random inserts in mine and all have worked. I've used the covers as wraps for fitteds too.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: BG flips? Update!

Postby megansmummy » Sat May 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Caroline he is asleep in a flip and organic insert at the moment but that was my next test! :giggle: Im going to try a DnF and see how it fits underneath the cover...if its good then i think i need more covers!! :wine:

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)