hf1

itti sizing questions

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

itti sizing questions

Postby e586 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Just curious really and doing some research for a friend. we've only used larges from fairly recently- but wondered how the other sizes fit? Anyone willing to answer questions it would be most appreciated!!!

*What was the smallest your little one was in a small itti (weight- and preferably in lbs as I don't do kilos well!!)

*What weight and age were they when they outgrew the smalls?

*What was the lowest weight you got them in a medium?

*What weight/age did they grow out of the medium?

*What weight were they when they went into a large?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: itti sizing questions

Postby Caroline » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:32 pm

I dont think the issue is with weight but more length. They are such a low rise if you have a long baby they are just no good.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:42 pm

see, the rise is low on Ryan (large, he's 32lbs at 17 months and off the chart for height) but it's not too low and they work really well for us. I have to buy him XL wool/fleece things too due to his rise and large thigh/hip. So I was surprised that they work for him as I'd heard this about the rise.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm not much good with weight as I never get Max weighed. He was in small from birth (8lbs 4ozs) to about 8/9 weeks. Then he was in mediums until about 9 months. I havent bothered with the large as he has a long body.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 pm

clara was in smalls (SIOs) from birth (9lb 4), but spent a lot of weeks with too much leg gape to make them usable. Moved to mediums at about 12 weeks (5ish kg), and wished i'd done it a few weeks earlier as they fit perfectly and still do.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 pm

The smalls never really fitted Poppy very well, we used to get really bad gaping around her legs. She grew out of them when she was 6months. She fits perfectly in mediums now but she's a short girl. She's generally in 9-12 month clothes 12-18 months is still a little big, especially sleepsuits lol.

Noah on the otherhand, he went into mediums at 8 weeks and grew out ofthem at 5 months. I didn't buy any more until he was about 7 months and they still fit him now. He's just over 35lb (I think) and is tall for his age, he wears 3-4yrs clothes and whilst they're low on him they're not to low. iykwim. He's in XL with all his wool and wears toddlersize and large higrise nappies nappies usually but ittis are still lovely on him. It's just a shame that they're not absorbant enough, bu we can't have everything can we. :giggle:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:35 am

DD who is very long had SIO's

smalls 10-13lb (1-3mths) (only bought them when she was 5wks old so not tried when newborn)
mediums 13-17lb (3-5.5 mths)
Larges 5.5mths ... she's now 6 months

As mentioned before it all depends on their length (rise). DD has always outgrown the rise first, her waist could still fit into a small, but she would have a major builders bum IYSWIM :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:04 pm

DS is really skinny.
He was only 5lb 13oz at birth.
I didn't discover itti's till he was about 5-6 months old.
So we went for the mediums - but didn't fit him brilliantly for a few more weeks - even then on the tightest settings.

We moved to the large only because of the rise and him widdling out the top of them!
We had an initial few months of these leaking - but it was because they were not a great fit round the legs on him.
They are still on the tightest setting now - but much better!

What i love about ittis is that they seem to fit the skinny LO's well - but I have friends with much bigger babies, that still get a great fit!!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 pm

I've just bought a medium AIO for Jake, who's 5 weeks old and about 11.5lb. He's probably too big to fit into the smalls for very long.

Return to AIO's (All in ones)