hf1

Ecobubs wool

My avatar
kurlysmum
Clothie
Clothie

Ecobubs wool

Postby kurlysmum » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:15 am

Has anyone tried the wool ecobubs if so are they as good as they claim to be on a heavy wetter and are they very bulky...

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Ecobubs wool

Postby ramsons » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:42 pm

I use them at nights with ds and haven't had any problems I don't think he's a particularly heavy wetter though. I don't think they're bulky they are smaller than a baby beehind magicall or nappies by minki pockets which also do the same job.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:51 pm

I do really like mine as its such a great fit on Max. Again, he's not a heavy wetter though.

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Chloe isnt an extreme heavy wetter and these work well, have had the odd explosion leaking slightly. I do love how squishy soft they are but I do hate the fact the get all bobbly quickly, after a few months they look a bit ratty and aged. I think for £22 I expected them to stay looking newer a bit longer, but they still do the job!

HTH xx

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:50 pm

I have one but don't really see how the wool can actually make any difference. It's on the other side of the PUL so has no impact on how absorbent the nappy is. The insert is microfibre so I also fail to see how that would work particularly well for a heavy wetter. Martha is a light wetter so I can't really say if they do work, but I do like the nappy.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm

I~ used the pocket ones overnight with Gracie and they were good but like Michelle says I don't see how the wool makes a difference! I used petite dessous and easy peasy inserts in it x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I tried one but it wasnt my favourite nappy, im not even sure i liked it...the rise was very low and i didnt get the idea behind the wool thing either :-? I didnt like the inserts either and used a PD and EP hemp in it, they didnt last overnight at all for Kieren...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm

until recently we could get ours to last overnight with 2 pd ( one folded into 3) and 3 ep hemp inside. They have a large pocket for stuffing and I like the fit. It's great for use during the day. Wouldn't use the microfibre insert tho.

My avatar
kurlysmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kurlysmum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Opps sorry havent been back to this thread for a while :oops: well I did go ahead and buy 2 brand-new ones as they were reduced slightly at the time, I love the fit on Kianna and the look of the nappy..like many of you,I dont understand the whole wool and pul factor :-?
I have not yet tried them at night as they will only last about 3-4 hrs at the most (but they have only been washed about 4-5 times) and that is with a micro fibre and bamboo triple fold insert (also bought new)..
would buy more but not at the brand-new price of £22 :shock:

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)