hf1

Snap in inserts - I'm confused!!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Snap in inserts - I'm confused!!

Postby anya1973 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Definately - if you're sure you want to use pockets at night then in my opinion the best bet are standard minki pockets - they're quite bulky but take a lot of stuffing and are quite reliable...

http://www.minkinappies.co.uk/index.php ... f6239acd33

We alternate between these - and fitteds with wool - my fave night-time fitteds are currently puddlepants weedies and weenotions night notions...

How do you find the sizing comes up on the Minkis? I've been looking at the site earlier actually. :lol: I used to use Minkis on my daughter when she was in cloth but I can't remember how they came up sizewise.

Cole is 13 weeks old, very long in the body, average round the tummy (apart from when he's just had 7oz of milk :lol: ) and weighed 12lb 13oz a couple of weeks ago I think it was.

Would a small be plenty big enough? They go up to about 15lbs don't they?

Despite the fact that my brain is getting so frazzled by all the new nappies out there in the market place I am thoroughly enjoying ogling the nappy shops online. :lol: :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm

I have to say I don't know honestly - Isabelle is two now and around 29lbs or so - she's comfortably in a large standard minki pocket but doesn't fit the large huggles that she makes anymore...

I would be tempted to get the next size up as esp at that age they grow SO quickly that he'll be out of it before you've blinked...

If he's got chubby legs then you'd be ok but if he's got skinny legs perhaps not...

I would buy whichever one you think best - she's got good CS so you could buy from her direct - you could also email her and ask her about which one - if you measure your DS she might be able to advise better - sorry we only started using the standard minki pockets at night a few months ago :roll:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I have to say I don't know honestly - Isabelle is two now and around 29lbs or so - she's comfortably in a large standard minki pocket but doesn't fit the large huggles that she makes anymore...

I would be tempted to get the next size up as esp at that age they grow SO quickly that he'll be out of it before you've blinked...

If he's got chubby legs then you'd be ok but if he's got skinny legs perhaps not...

I would buy whichever one you think best - she's got good CS so you could buy from her direct - you could also email her and ask her about which one - if you measure your DS she might be able to advise better - sorry we only started using the standard minki pockets at night a few months ago :roll:

Cheers m'dear! Guess what I found in his room - lurking in a bag of too small nappies? Only a slinki minki nappy - brand spanking new. I don't even remember buying it. :roll: It's a size small and actually looks quite big so I think I'll give it a go.

It's the bright jigsaw puzzle pieces print fleece with a red fleece lining. I'd forgotten how fab Minkis were. :D

Helen xx

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:52 am

What a brillaint find to find that small minki - and that is a lovely print!

I also found pitterpatter pocket nappies great at night - dont know if you rememeber them from last time. She has stopped making them :( but still can get them second hand!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 am

Heather London wrote:What a brillaint find to find that small minki - and that is a lovely print!

I also found pitterpatter pocket nappies great at night - dont know if you rememeber them from last time. She has stopped making them :( but still can get them second hand!

Yes! I was so pleased to find it. :)

I remember Corinna. :) We had a few nappies from her. Shame she's not doing them any more. I would have bought more for Cole.

Your name rings a bell, I'm sure I sold you something or bought something from you when DD was in cloth. :D

Helen xx

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:01 am

I cant remember if I bought or sold sorry from you - but I suggested you go here from UK Parents website! :)

Previous

Return to AIO's (All in ones)