hf1

Itti Bitti D'lish

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Itti Bitti D'lish

Postby anya1973 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 pm

What am I doing wrong? Is he in the wrong size? :?

I bought one of these in a medium for my 13lb 14 week old son. He's long in the body, average beer belly and reasonably average to chunky thighs.

They don't fit him very well though. They gape really badly round the legs. I must admit I've not actually left one on him but I can just see poo escaping out of the leg holes. :roll:

Other nappies I use on him are side snapping ones which I can adjust to be tight round the legs and looser at the waist.

Is it that this style is just not adjustable round the legs? Do they suit older, slimmer babies better? :(

I suppose I really need to try it on him and see what happens. I get the impression that with all the boosting in it that he needs (the ones it came with, might need the snap in extra one too) the nappy then ends up gaping round the legs as the inserts take up too much space in the middle.

Or am I not using the inserts correctly? :? I will have to sell it if it's not going to suit him as I still have him in disposables most of the time as my stash is not yet big enough for him to be in cloth full time. :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Itti Bitti D'lish

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:32 pm

hen I've done the wash tomorrow I'll take pics of the inserts as I'm putting them in so you can see how we do it so you can be sure you're using the inserts the right way - it could be that's the case...

Or it could be that as you say they're better suited to older slimmer babies but I'm not sure on that one...

Sorry if that's not terribly helpful!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:hen I've done the wash tomorrow I'll take pics of the inserts as I'm putting them in so you can see how we do it so you can be sure you're using the inserts the right way - it could be that's the case...

Or it could be that as you say they're better suited to older slimmer babies but I'm not sure on that one...

Sorry if that's not terribly helpful!

Hmmm.... just don't know what the problem is. I've advertised it on the for sale forum as I'm also finding the poppers a bit too fiddly for my rheumaticy hands. :roll:

Perhaps when he's older they would have suited him better. Oh well, at least I tried one. Such a gorgeous colour too. :D

Helen xx

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Sounds to me that they don't suit his shape yet - the poppered nappies fit better when they suit the baby's shape... We used to have Weenotion pockets with front snaps in medium, which fitted brilliantly. When we started with larges, the front snappers didn't fit as well but were OK. We tried a side snap pocket and couldn't get it to fit at all but the new sidesnap pockets fit like a dream!

So sell it on and maybe look at them again when he's bigger

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:29 pm

buzzybee21 wrote:Sounds to me that they don't suit his shape yet - the poppered nappies fit better when they suit the baby's shape... We used to have Weenotion pockets with front snaps in medium, which fitted brilliantly. When we started with larges, the front snappers didn't fit as well but were OK. We tried a side snap pocket and couldn't get it to fit at all but the new sidesnap pockets fit like a dream!

So sell it on and maybe look at them again when he's bigger

I think you're right. I've got someone interested just waiting for her to pay for it.

Shame really as it's a gorgeous nappy. :) Perhaps I was kidding myself that minkee would be OK on a heavy wetter anyway. :roll:

I always loved nippa nappies when I used cloth on my DD - she was very skinny all over so I got a good fit with them. But with Cole nippas were OK but I really wanted to get into pocket nappies as much easier from the drying point of view.

I like the way you can adjust the waist and legs independently with side snappers. :)

Have ordered some Wee Notions, also got an Upsy Daisy on it's way - hope they'll not be too long to arrive. Can't wait to get him into cloth full time. I hate disposables. :x

Helen xx

Return to AIO's (All in ones)