hf1

Ebay bargains

My avatar
Lilybet
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Ebay bargains

Postby Lilybet » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

I've been searching on ebay (of course) and found a seller that starts her AIO auctions at 99p - and most are finishing at 99p - with £2.50 postage - btp aio for £3.49 all in to your door....um, yeah, I'm all over that!

This is the seller - I think I'll be snapping myself up some bargains in the next few weeks/months!!!
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/good_seller003/

I hope she doesn't realise how cheap these are and stop listing -and I hope none of you bid on the same things as me :hohoho:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Ebay bargains

Postby Shaunie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:04 pm

On what temp do you wash your nappies? The item description says do not wash above 30 degrees :-? . I wash mine between 40 & 60 degrees to ensure all bacteria is killed off.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Shaunie wrote:On what temp do you wash your nappies? The item description says do not wash above 30 degrees :-? . I wash mine between 40 & 60 degrees to ensure all bacteria is killed off.

I think it says that on all the ebay listings though for nappies that come from China including Coolababys.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Louise wrote:
Shaunie wrote:On what temp do you wash your nappies? The item description says do not wash above 30 degrees :-? . I wash mine between 40 & 60 degrees to ensure all bacteria is killed off.

I think it says that on all the ebay listings though for nappies that come from China including Coolababys.

Ah, didn't know that :wink:

My avatar
Lilybet
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lilybet » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:11 pm

It said the same on the naughty baby ones I got from HK - I wash them at 40-60 depending on how long they've been in the bucket - no problems with them so far :)

I just won a giraffe print one - I've been lusting after that print for months! Now I just have to wait three weeks for it to arrive...sigh :giggle:

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Salbysea » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Lilybet wrote:I've been searching on ebay (of course) and found a seller that starts her AIO auctions at 99p - and most are finishing at 99p - with £2.50 postage - btp aio for £3.49 all in to your door....um, yeah, I'm all over that!

This is the seller - I think I'll be snapping myself up some bargains in the next few weeks/months!!!
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/good_seller003/

I hope she doesn't realise how cheap these are and stop listing -and I hope none of you bid on the same things as me :hohoho:

there's always some sellers on there with really low prices, occasionally different named nappies get brand recognition and go up like coolababys did, but there's always some, dont' worry x
(and some to free p&p too)

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:02 pm

See I won't buy them as I wonder how they can sell them soooo cheap I have image of child in sweat shops etc and that bothers me.

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Salbysea » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:11 pm

wytch wrote:See I won't buy them as I wonder how they can sell them soooo cheap I have image of child in sweet shops etc and that bothers me.

but that only holds water if you know the whole cradle to grave life cycle of everything you use. Paying more for a finished product is no guearentee in itself that the material are fairly traded or eithically produced. Likewise paying more for a product from a European/US/Australian company (who often use eastern factories and prob pay less than we pay in ebay auctions)

There are some great companies that do take a cradle to grave approach, but there are others who are happy to imply that their nappies come from western countries when in fact that is not where they're made, that's just where the HQ is.

at least this way the money is going direct to someone in that country, and its probably a very good price for them compaired to the whole sale price for nappies they make for western companies.

its the same with the high steet. Paying more at point of sale means squat when it comes to the factory workers being paid more.

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Salbysea » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:19 pm

its a bit like walking past primark for moral reasons, then going into gap!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010 ... shop-probe
the price you pay is not the best way to judge it :wink:

Return to AIO's (All in ones)