hf1

Help Leaking!

My avatar
Carla Alfee
Clothie
Clothie

Help Leaking!

Postby Carla Alfee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Oh please help I have just brought some nappies for my 15month old son, I don't think I'm doing it right, I have pre-washed around 4 times now, they are AIO from ebay,. They came with one insert and i brought some others form ebay a bit smaller. I put the big insert in the pocket of the nappy and have the other smaller insert on top of the nappy, i use also a thin fleece linner to keep Alfee's bum dry, they are poppered up on the second holes - Although this looks pretty tight - But maybe not - They are still leaking from the legs! Is there something I'm doing wrong or what can any body help?

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Help Leaking!

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Have they got fleece on the inside?
If so only put stuff in the pocket and not on top

My avatar
Carla Alfee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Carla Alfee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 pm

4 of them have - They are the fluffy kind of nappy - Like tiger strip and that and i have one that feels like soft plasic inside

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Its probably minki on the outside with hidden waterproof in the pocket and the fabric inside (next to babys bum) is fleece.

All you do with pocket nappys (AIO) is stuff the pocket with the insert. You can put the small in the pocket too...

Nothing elseneeds doing aprt from putting it on your babys bottom. You can use a liner too but i dont as the nappy is already fleece lined

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Possibly could be a compression thing? Would you say its leaking or wicking?
Or they could just not be a great fit i.e if he has slim legs and the nappy is cut large in the leg?

My avatar
Carla Alfee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Carla Alfee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Oh thanks girls, i didn't know about putting both liners inside! Could be where I'm going wrong also i think maybe i had the poppers on the loosest set, i will try tightening up the bottom and putting it on the next set of poppers also have some different type of nappies coming so will try different sizes.
He does have slim-ish legs x

My avatar
livvybee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby livvybee » Thu May 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Did these suggestions sort it? I ask cos I'm having the same problem :-?

Return to AIO's (All in ones)