hf1

Wild Child AI2 question

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Wild Child AI2 question

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I have just bought the worlds most gorgeous Wild Child AI2 nappy, now my question is what exactly is an AI2? :oops: :hug: Is it a bit like an Itti where as long as the outer isn't soiled you can reuse it just by putting a clean inner into it?

If this is what an AI2 is does anyone know where in the UK you can get extra inserts from or will I have to order them from Aus?

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wild Child AI2 question

Postby Chooky » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Bump
Sorry I don't know about AI2s

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:56 pm

I was under the impression that ai2's were ai1's but with the stuffing on the top so that it drys quicker
I may be totally wrong tho lol

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:11 pm

I have just bought the worlds most gorgeous Wild Child AI2 nappy, now my question is what exactly is an AI2? :oops: :hug: Is it a bit like an Itti where as long as the outer isn't soiled you can reuse it just by putting a clean inner into it?[/quote]

Yep, that's what an Itti is, don't know why they call it a snap in AIO really.

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote:If this is what an AI2 is does anyone know where in the UK you can get extra inserts from or will I have to order them from Aus?

The only UK stockist I know of was Jabula and they're closing down now.

red_dwarf wrote:I was under the impression that ai2's were ai1's but with the stuffing on the top so that it drys quicker
I may be totally wrong tho lol

Kind of. AIOs tend to have their soakers sewn in with maybe one that snaps on the top. AI2s are more like a pocket so no absorbency in the outer at all, its all in the soakers that you snap inside. The soakers (generally topped with stay dry fabric) are then the bit that touches baby's skin whereas with pockets you stuff them so the absorbent part is between the waterproof outer layer and the stay dry layer.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 pm

[quote="Louise"]The only UK stockist I know of was Jabula and they're closing down now./quote]

Oh no! That's a real shame.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:20 pm

I mainly use AI2s, and I use them as an AIO, and change the whole nappy each time - I do have spare inners for some, like my WNs, that I take with me for a day out as they take up less room in my bag, but I mainly buy them over AIOs due to the reduced drying time.

My avatar
jobeama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jobeama » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 am

Fill your pants explains ai2's really well imo, after looking there I realised that they're exactly what I want & have been stash building since! Sorry haven't got the link as I'm on my phone but it was pretty easy to find I think ;)

Return to AIO's (All in ones)