Bumgenius One Size/Sized

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Bumgenius One Size/Sized

Postby alamaya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Hello All,

Hoping this question has not already been asked as i have looked and could not find anything.

Expecting baby in May and brought Bambino Mios from Ebay (new) for £50. Majorly tight budget.

However just got my free Bumgenius XS free nappy from the bounty pack and i am in love :O.

So anyways can i ask why they have sized nappies as well as a birth to potty nappy? Is there a reason, perks?

Any recommendations on both?

Thanks in advance

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Bumgenius One Size/Sized

Postby Annette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 pm

There are pros and cons to both. The onesize nappies tend to be bulky on a newborn as they work by folding bits down or over and so there is alot more material to them and so they don't give as slim a fit as a sized nappy. Some people also find that onesize nappies don't fit small babies from birth or bigger toddlers before they potty train. So some people prefer to get different sized nappies as their baby grows, others find that onesize nappies are fine.

We actually used Motherease Onesize nappies on Charlotte from a few days old until she potty trained at 2. Bumgenius onesize have been successful on Ben from a few weeks old and he is still wearing them now at 32 months so could work out cheaper than getting different sizes.

I haven't tried the Bumgenius sized nappies so I can't compare them but I sure someone else will have

Am I really impressed that you got a cloth nappy in your Bounty pack :wine:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

I find that the all in ones take a really long time to dry and dont fit Max as well as the one size. I got an email last week saying they are discontinuing the all in ones in all sizes except X Small.

My avatar
shell_001
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shell_001 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:52 pm

I also have a big stash of bambino mio, already used for my two children, and still going strong, so these will be my main nappy. Like you, having received the free bumgenius, I've been converted to AIO. However, I do wonder whether they are going to be absorbent enough - seem really thin. I've bought a few different types off here and preloved including ittis, teenyfits and totsbots and little lamb shaped, so that I can give them all a try!!! Just need to keep my buying to a minimum though as this cloth nappy lark is beginning to get a bit expensive!!!!!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:58 pm

shell_001 wrote:I also have a big stash of bambino mio, already used for my two children, and still going strong, so these will be my main nappy. Like you, having received the free bumgenius, I've been converted to AIO. However, I do wonder whether they are going to be absorbent enough - seem really thin. I've bought a few different types off here and preloved including ittis, teenyfits and totsbots and little lamb shaped, so that I can give them all a try!!! Just need to keep my buying to a minimum though as this cloth nappy lark is beginning to get a bit expensive!!!!!

Dont have a look at puddlekins or luscious little somethings or weenotions then :wink: Your paypal will never forgive you if you do, tho your baby with have the cutest botty arround :giggle:

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby alamaya » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm

oh well now you know i am going to search for them lol.

My hubby has already said i thought we were doing this to save money loooool.

Worst thing is this is an IVF baby and cant guarantee ever having any more children so cant even use the excuse of using for more than one child :O

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm

well if you buy one box of nappies a week for 2 years thats over a thousand pounds you can spend on pretty fluff before you have matched what you would spend on disposables. Thats how I justify it :giggle:

My avatar
shell_001
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shell_001 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:36 pm

and you can sell them on after!!! That's how I've been justifying it!!!, along with all my other 'luxury' purchases :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:40 pm

shell_001 wrote:and you can sell them on after!!! That's how I've been justifying it!!!, along with all my other 'luxury' purchases :D

yep :giggle:
I also spent my HIP grant on nappies because that wasnt 'real' money ie from our pocket, and the council gave a voucher for £45 towards reusables too :wine:

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)