hf1

Recommend your AIO for 1st timer!

My avatar
Flowermum
Clothie
Clothie

Recommend your AIO for 1st timer!

Postby Flowermum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm

I've been reading here a bit about AIOs, and have used Fuzzi Bunz once or twice before, but that was years ago so have forgotten why I liked them :oops:

So with an AIO, do you get the nappy with poppers, and then add in a booster and liner? I think I can remember not having to use anything else.

And then if its a poo, tip it down the loo and just wash the nappy and booster?

They seem to be a bit expensive (cloth nappies in general) and the temptation of buying a pack of disposables week by week is calling me, as it did for DD2, but I know I'd save in the long term.

On that note, whats your opinion on buying all my nappies from Ebay? Was going to use disposables at the start (partially because people have started buying me pampers and who am I to turn down a gift?) and also because the thought of dealing with new baby poo and cloth doesn't fill me with enthusiasm....
So how many nappies would you say I would need minimum, if I was to do a wash say every three days?

Thanks!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Recommend your AIO for 1st timer!

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:24 pm

i like tots bots easyfit v2. Birth to potty so should last. I add a fleece liner to make poo disposal easier. I got a pack from ebay for around 45 for 5. For a newborn i had 25 and washed daily and never ran out.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm

I personally don't like the tots bots easyfit as I find them too hard and plasticy...
Bumgeniums come highly recommended and are a lot softer...
Itti bitti are good AIOs too :)

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:30 pm

look at the video from the nappy lady re tots bots easy fit. it says that tots claim the PUL will stop working after about 200 washes. if you're washing every other day then that's only just over a year, so won't last to potty training anyway.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Flowermum wrote:I've been reading here a bit about AIOs, and have used Fuzzi Bunz once or twice before, but that was years ago so have forgotten why I liked them :oops:

So with an AIO, do you get the nappy with poppers, and then add in a booster and liner? I think I can remember not having to use anything else.

And then if its a poo, tip it down the loo and just wash the nappy and booster?

They seem to be a bit expensive (cloth nappies in general) and the temptation of buying a pack of disposables week by week is calling me, as it did for DD2, but I know I'd save in the long term.

On that note, whats your opinion on buying all my nappies from Ebay? Was going to use disposables at the start (partially because people have started buying me pampers and who am I to turn down a gift?) and also because the thought of dealing with new baby poo and cloth doesn't fill me with enthusiasm....
So how many nappies would you say I would need minimum, if I was to do a wash say every three days?

Thanks!

True AIO have an outer shell with hidden waterproof section then insert are sewn or snapped in. Pocket nappies are similar but it has a pocket where the inserts are stuffed. Either can be popper fastening or velcro. You have to add an insert as that is the absorbent bit. most AIO or pockets have a nice lining next to LO's bum and so liners are really just a personal preference. I didn't bother so just shook off the poo then into a nappy bucket.

It depends what nappy from ebay? and no i wouldn't buy ALL of them from one place i would try a few different types to test what you like.

I would go with cloth from birth as its just easier to just go for it. Even if you use disposables yous till have to clean poo off them anyway.

20 nappies will do. Although i love AIO's i much preferred fitteds and terry squares on a newborn. Maybe get a few of each kind to see what you like

How much is a pack of pampers? can they swap them for 1 pack of terry squares at boots £12? I would just say you won't be using them so can you swap them tahts what i did and ended up with £100 worth of nappies.

any more questions just ask xx

My avatar
Flowermum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Flowermum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Oh I'd hope to get well more than a year out of them!
I had heard Itti Bitti were good, but have seen a good few posts here about defective ones, which concerned me a bit.

Bum Genius are more expensive than I'd like to spend to be honest, DP is out of work atm and so funds are tight, Though I'm hoping to do a car boot after I have the baby so hopefully will have some money to spend, but not a huge amount.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 pm

the v1 tots were hard but the v 2 are much softer. Bumgenius are good too. I like the organic ones.

My avatar
Flowermum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Flowermum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Oh so AIOs, you can just whack them on as they are? With or without a liner? No need for booster unless you have a heavy wetter?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Flowermum wrote:Oh I'd hope to get well more than a year out of them!

You either buy sized nappies eg. small, medium and large (like itti's) as bubs grows or one size nappies (like bumgenious) so check sizes before you but if you want them to last

BG aren't cheap but just don't get them new buy some of classifieds on here for fraction of the price :wink: same with any nappy. Just buy the odd one and then when you know which ones you like get a few more :D

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)