Recommend your AIO for 1st timer!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Recommend your AIO for 1st timer!

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Flowermum wrote:Oh so AIOs, you can just whack them on as they are? With or without a liner? No need for booster unless you have a heavy wetter?

yep :D

My avatar
Flowermum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Flowermum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Not sure which ones fro Ebay, was just browsing around and they're all fairly reasonablely priced so can't compare there, but am open to suggestions/recommendations.

Would also consider buying lightly used ones but I'd imagine its hard to find ones that aren't well used...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Flowermum wrote:Not sure which ones fro Ebay, was just browsing around and they're all fairly reasonablely priced so can't compare there, but am open to suggestions/recommendations.

Would also consider buying lightly used ones but I'd imagine its hard to find ones that aren't well used...

not at all just have a look around some have been used ffrom birth to potty (so well used) or maybe even on more than one bubs.

you can also find lightly used or just very very well cared for nappies on here very easily as some mums have massive stashes of nappies :giggle:

My avatar
Flowermum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Flowermum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:44 pm

I did notice that alright! Seems to be a few addicts round here!

Well I'm going to log off for the night and have a think about it.

Keep the advice coming!

My avatar
aob1013
Clothie
Clothie

Postby aob1013 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:30 pm

EBAY cheapie's are actually quite good!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I personally don't like the tots bots easyfit as I find them too hard and plasticy...
Bumgeniums come highly recommended and are a lot softer...
Itti bitti are good AIOs too :)

Have you tried the prints Steph, I don't think they are plasticy at all

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:35 pm

It was a stars one I tried... :lol: I sent it back not even tried on!! :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:37 pm

I like itti AIOs but they don't last long on a heavy wetter, and are quite pricey given you will probably need 3 sizes BTP, we managed with mediums 6 weeks to PTing mind, but DD was/is very petite, I think they'd have fitted DS2 from birth as he was practically 9lb.

I like easyfits V2, not tried bumgenius AIOs but if they are anything like their pockets they should be good.

Generally AIOs aren't great on the absorbency front, pockets are better and provided you wash and then stuff them, they are the same as AIOs in that you can just put them on.

If you were to look at pockets I would highly reccomend bumgenius onesize, if you want something prettier theres blueberry sidesnaps and onesize, and weenotions sidesnap and onesize.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:It was a stars one I tried... :lol: I sent it back not even tried on!! :lol:

OH the new prints are lovely and soft, if we ever get to another Manc meet I will bring one ;) or go to tesco to squidge one!

Previous

Return to AIO's (All in ones)