hf1

Itti Bitti D'lish - poppers on the back.....

My avatar
ginadc
Clothie
Clothie

Itti Bitti D'lish - poppers on the back.....

Postby ginadc » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 am

Hi. I'm really excited about the D'lish - it meets all my needs, but having gone to a touchy feelie nappy evening recently and actually fondled one (!) I am concerned about the poppers on the back. If a newborn or young baby is wearing this nappy they are going to be spending a lot of time on their backs. I am worried that these quite hefty thick poppers will hurt the baby (or at the very least, apply pressure to quite a sensitive area).

Could anyone who has used these nappies and loves them as much as I already do, please put my mind at rest or tell me the honest truth?

Many many thanks

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Itti Bitti D'lish - poppers on the back.....

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 am

Well I never used them on a newborn but do have a couple for Evie from when she was about 17 months and we get on really well with them. She often has her naps in them and I havent seen any pressure marks on her back from the poppers. Also because the poppers at the back are for the first insert which is folded in 3, and then has the top insert over this which poppers at the front, there are 4 layers of material between the poppers and the babies back, so I would hope the poppers couldnt be felt through them.

The only thing I would say about the Itti Bitti DLish is that I have read that they arent that great for containing bf poo, and that their small are very small and often people seem to recommend buying the Medium instead as the small dont fit for very long.

HTH Sadie xx
Last edited by eviesmummy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 am

i have no problem with thema t all. tere are no pokey bits, just the flat side, and it its always covered by layters of fabric.
my little one si nearly 2 tho...but i wouldn't be worried about them for a smaller baby from this point of veiw.
what i would be worried about is the containment!!!! they are gorgeous nappys very absorbant etc etc, but containment is not their strong point. i would say for poos they are on par with sposies as if my lo has an upset tummy (a bit like newborn poo) it comes out the legs.
hth
shevi

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:56 am

My baby is 15 weeks and we have been using them for about 6 weeks with no problem, poppers are under the inserts when done up. We have never had a leak with wee and a slight one with poo, but as he only goes once a week no other nappy has done better and it did better then most! I would go for medium we had 2 small which still just about fit (he is about 12lbs) but medium is better and has been for some weeks and he is v skinny and is not on the tightest fitting.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:08 pm

We have just tried these and they are great. The poppers aren't a problem at all.

The sizing is on the small side I wold say. Ben fits comfortably into the medium - not on the smallest setting either.

My avatar
samandabismum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby samandabismum » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 pm

We have 2 of these and I love them. The poppers on the back are not an issue at all as they are well covered.
I have been stunned at how well the poo containment is as DD is 4 months and breastfed and always seem to save her poos for the prettiest nappies (not my plain fuzzis) and no leaks so far.

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Ordered one the other day and am waiting. Hope I didn't get wrong size after reading this.....

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:20 pm

It arrived, it WAS too small and so I got a larger one even though she's only 12lb! Absolutely LOVE IT!! I need more.....! :hohoho:

Return to AIO's (All in ones)