hf1

Help me give advice to a friend wanting to try cloth! Thanks

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Help me give advice to a friend wanting to try cloth! Thanks

Postby scarlet » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 am

So friend has contacted me to ask about cloth nappies. Iv explained all the different types and she has come back to me asking what I'd recommend for a med-heavy wetter in an AIO style.
I use itti's but haven't really tried many other AIO nappies and I know most people find itti's fit and miss. So want to be able to recommend something that will help her see the joys of cloth and not put her off IYSWIM.
So what would you suggest?
:hug: :hug:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me give advice to a friend wanting to try cloth! Thanks

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:36 am

MagicAlls. They are fabulous for a heavy wetter, so much so that people use them over night! http://www.green-me.co.uk/babybeehinds_aio.php They aren't as trim as Ittis but they are pretty and cute.

ETA: If you think she'd try pockets then the minky outer Issy Bears are good too. The BumGenius organic AIOs are worth a try too, but they are a bit pricey.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 am

We couldn't get aios to work other than hugely boosted easy fits but with the amount of boosting we may as well have used pockets! Most aios don't cope well with heavy wetters I don't think.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:12 am

I've recently discovered that the Wee Notions, both AI2 and the pockets are an excellent fit for Erin (and she can wee for England when she's having a thirsty day).
But I think like a lot of things cloth nappy related, a lot will depend on the age of her baby (pre weaning was when I had explosive poos with Erin, which a pocket or AI2 would have struggled to contain) and the size and shape of her LO as well.
Maybe you could give her a few suggestions and point her in the direction of the classifieds, so she can try a few out before she goes mad buying loads of Ittis (or whatever takes her fancy!)?

Dooby x

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks ladies , her little one is quite small a couple of months max. She is worried about cloth being to bulky to wanting to steer clear of that as well! Il suggest those and pockets! Thanks guys! x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:19 pm

I stand by what I said the other day, I would always reccommend bumgenius OS pockets to someone starting out with cloth

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelicfruitcake » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:55 pm

I love Bambooty, very slim but very absorbent :)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:09 pm

The nappies I reach for over others are our easyfits or our WNAI2s. Most of the rest of our stash doesn't last that long with M. But she is an uber-wetter.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks guys.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)