hf1

Bambooty

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Bambooty

Postby Bloom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:40 am

I see cheeks and cherries have an offer on them at the mo. Ive read there sizes come up small so was considering going straight in at medium. Anyone use the med and can advise me how small they go.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Bambooty

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 am

It actually surprises me that people say Bambooty come up small. My DD is an average sized almost 2 year old and we still have to put the large on its tightest setting (and she has chunky little thighs :wink: ). She could probably still get away with a medium. I guess it depends on your LO. You could always see if anyone is selling any on the classifieds at the mo - that way you could try one more cheaply than buying new.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:29 am

We found them tiny. Max was already too long in the body for a medium at 6 months. Like the PP said, try and get one on classifieds first if you can.

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelicfruitcake » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 pm

I think it depends how long your LO is rather than how much they weigh, as they are small in the rise. I only started using cloth at 6 months and went straight for large, which was a teeeny bit big on the legs but not for long at all. I think my LO is reasonably long though.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:55 pm

Roo isn't the biggest of kids but he outgrew the rise of the med at a year waist was still second tightest. Large are still a bit big. Leg gape and wing droop on ours so not a good fit at all :( pity cos they are lovely and slim while being good for absorbency.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 am

We have 2 smalls and they are getting small on my 8lb 2 week old!!

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:17 pm

My 6 month old is too big for the medium-like others have said, it has a small rise. I bought a preloved medium from here last week but I'm going to have to sell it on again. PM me if you're interested.

ETA- how do people find the large? I do like the look and feel of them but not sure whether I should get a large to try.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm

i found our large ok but we got serious wing droop. With a skinny boy i could have did with being able to cross the tabs too.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 pm

yellow45 wrote:My 6 month old is too big for the medium-like others have said, it has a small rise. I bought a preloved medium from here last week but I'm going to have to sell it on again. PM me if you're interested.

ETA- how do people find the large? I do like the look and feel of them but not sure whether I should get a large to try.

I like the fit of the large on my DD. She could wee for England though so we use the Easy Nights as a day nappy with her. They're still slimmer than most of her other nappies and we can usually go for 2-3 hours between changes.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)