Help. cushies too small?!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Help. cushies too small?!

Postby mummy_goose1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi,
I am extremely new to cloth nappies... and am starting out small! I have tried cushies on my little lady, who is 6 months... but quite a chunk.... all 21lb of her.... and i can only just get the nappy to do up, on the largest poppers.... I don't know where to go from here, as i am worried about investing in more nappies.. if they are only going to last DD a few months...?! Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!!! I don't really have any preference on AIO / Pockets/wraps etc..... so any suggestions ladies??!!!!

THANK YOU!

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Help. cushies too small?!

Postby clairegrace » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 am

Hey, sorry i've never tried cushies so couldn't compare the size to anything else for you but didn't want to leave your post looking so lonely :giggle:

My daughter is 15 months and around 22 lbs now and we're still using the same settings on most of our nappies (BTP) that we've been using since she was around 7 months just because she's slimmed out a lot and changed to toddler shape so you mignt find that she fits them for a while longer.

I've seen a few posts about some of the sized nappies such as Fuzzi Bunz where people have used the mediums especially from around 6-7 months until potty training due to their babies changing shape so much.

Without trying to sell you anything (promise! :lookround: ) I've got a couple of these on the FS board at the moment although they are old and well loved (bought preloved by me) they are cheap and you could maybe get an idea from them? Another quite large nappy that I have some of just in case Grace grows out of her usual BTP ones is the Wonderoo V1 if you could keep your eye out for a couple pre-loved to try?

Hope I've helped a little :hug: xx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:22 pm

We use BTP nappies as well and do find DDs only Cushie a much smaller fit than her other nappies. There is definitely a lot less growing room in it and definitely won't last her until potty training (and she's only a dinky thing too!). Glad we only have one of them! We have a lot of Wonderoo v1s actually and get on really well with them. It's definitely worth checking out the classifieds and trying out a few different nappies to see which you get on with.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 pm

There was a bad batch of cushies (if its cushie tushies) which were made smaller than normal. IS there any way you may have ended up with one of these?

My ds is around 26lb at 22months and he easily fits in greenkids BTP, bumgenius, weenotions, bumgenius flips, tots easyfits as well as large itti bitti's.

Last year my dd was still in night nappies and at 35lb and 3.5 years old she fitted in all of the above as well. She's not short either.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:30 pm

thank you all for your comments!! I shall continue to investigate. our local council is running a scheme where you can trial a selection of nappies for a month, free of charge, so am currently using them. lollipop pop and grow seem to be the best fit so far, but the patterns seem a bit boring in comparision with other companies...! I shall def be looking for some more pre-loved!!

Thanks again!

Return to AIO's (All in ones)