hf1

How do i strip wash my itti's.Help.

My avatar
dougal28
Clothie
Clothie

How do i strip wash my itti's.Help.

Postby dougal28 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi girls, think i may need to strip wash my nappies, i mostly use itti's and bambooty. When my son has been wearing them for an hour they smell awful of wee but they don't need to be changed as he has not out weed them. Do you think they may need a strip wash, if so how do i do this.
Thank you
Lorraine.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: How do i strip wash my itti's.Help.

Postby monsterm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Could possibly need a strip wash. How do you wash them currently? How much detergent do you use? Another cause could be teething. The pee can really stink when they are cutting a tooth.

There are 2 sticky threads in the washing nappies section that give instructions on stripping.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39305
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23823

My avatar
dougal28
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dougal28 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I used to wash them in ariel non bio, but just changed to persil non bio liquid lifts stains way better.. They go on a rinse first then 40 wash then 2x rinses and line dry.
He is cutting some teeth at the mo too so this could be the problem, pee smells so strong.
Thank you for your help.
Lorraine

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Liquid isn't very good for nappies (or your machine for that matter). They tend to leave more residue on the nappies causing a build up. Just to be sure you are only using a half dose & no softner?

My avatar
dougal28
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dougal28 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:17 am

so probably best to be using non bio powder on my nappies then??? What do you use yourself??
Going to do the dishwasher tablet in the washing machine for the strip wash and see how that goes.
Thanks for your help.
Lorraine.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 am

Most people find that bio powder is the best for washing nappies - it's what I use. I usually use Ariel and only put about half of the manufacturers recommended amount of powder into the drawer. This has always got my nappies lovely and clean and cuts build up and residue to a minimum.

I've never used the dishwasher tablet method to strip wash nappies (although some people swear by it). I simply use a full dose of powder, do a cold wash followed by a hot wash (60 degrees) and then keep repeating the rinse cycle until I can no longer see bubbles in the machine.

Good luck!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 am

Exactly what Claire said. Bio works best. I too have only done a strip wash with a full dose of powder on cold wash, then 60 wash no powder, then rinse, rinse, rinse. Do whatever method you think you would like to do though so some people swear by the washing up liquid or the dishwasher tab.

My avatar
dougal28
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dougal28 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks girls for the much neeed info, just a quick quick question should i put the outters of the itti's into a 60 wash, may they shrink on this temp???
Thank you
Lorraine.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm

I honestly don't know. Ittis didn't work for us so I didn't have mine long enough for them to need stripping. Maybe someone could answer that.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)