hf1

First prewash of easyfits and they smell!

My avatar
LMM2008
Clothie
Clothie

First prewash of easyfits and they smell!

Postby LMM2008 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Hope someone can help. I have just started introducing cloth nappies and washed some new easyfits with my other small stash of nappies (smartipants,little lamb, tots bots cotton). All the rest seem ok but there was a snell at clothes horse and it seems to be coming from the easyfits. Have I done something wrong? Why do they smell and nothing else?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: First prewash of easyfits and they smell!

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:49 pm

I'd be surprised if you've washed them all together and you're drying them together and only one type smells.

What do they smell of? We use easyfits, and don't find them smelly at all - unless MIL has washed them with too much detergent!

My avatar
LMM2008
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LMM2008 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 am

I know! It doesn't make sense, especially as there are thicker nappies in the wash like the cotton ones. It's just a bit of a weird smell, can't explain - just not fresh like the others and I traced it to them. I'll maybe try another rinse with them. They need some more prewashes anyway. They are nearly dry now and it's still there. Maybe I'm just imagining it! Just don't want to use them smelly and hubby has more reasons to complain.

What do you line yours with and do you boost?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 am

Bamboo smells a bit funny while its drying I find but it goes once its dry.

I line mine with fleece liners. I dont boost as we dont need too.

My avatar
LMM2008
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LMM2008 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Caroline, that might be what it is then. They smelled much better this morning and just used one which he wet and it's got the smell back just a little. Only using disposable liner so will try fleece too and have a look info boosting.

Really want to get on well with these ones as I have convinced hubbu they are just as easy to use as disps! He's too confused by any of the others!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm

I don't bother with a liner, I just use a thin booster which does the same job really, I suppose.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:46 pm

What are you washing them with? How much of the detergent are you using? Are you using a softner?

My avatar
h4nz05
Clothie
Clothie

Postby h4nz05 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:44 pm

I have 25 easyfit v2's and they all smelt bad to start with but are fine now. I usually wash at 60 degrees and use non bio and occasionally put a bit of nappisan in the drawer if they r smelly.

Return to AIO's (All in ones)