Teenyfits with Cord Care

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Teenyfits with Cord Care

Postby alamaya » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 am

Hello All :D

I have managed to obtain a couple of Teenyfits for use alongside disposables at the beginning.

Through lots of family donations i have managed to have a stash of 2 Pop in Dream Dri, 5 Itti Bitti Tutto and some Bumgenius 4.0

Now i am not expecting any of them to fit at the beginning except teeny's. Can i ask how you deal with cloth/disposables and the cord. Are you supposed to fold it down? If so how do you do that without it digging in?

Sorry if its a stupid question, the things you think of when bored on leave lol

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Teenyfits with Cord Care

Postby Bluebell » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:06 am

I'm not sure but I think they just fit under the cord :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:07 am

I have not used them but if the nappies go over the cord I have never found it to be an issue TBH.

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby alamaya » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 am

thanks ladies :)

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:02 pm

I assumed they'd go under the cord but they didn't on Lucas- they were right over it! Easy enough to have it loose so didn't think it was a problem, and he was in them full time from birth. But by day 4 his cord was rank and smelly and getting a bit red, despite trying to use lots of fitteds that did popper under the cord. We ended up in sposies for 3 days so I could fold them right down until the stump healed properly.

I think most people have been ok with them though so I wouldn't worry, just sharing our experience!

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:28 pm

We're on day three and haven't had a problem, they fit over the cord fine if you just put it on slightly looser than you normally would :D We've been using a mixture of fitteds and aio's inc some teenyfits and they've all been ok.

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby alamaya » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for the reassurance ladies.

Must admit very nervous about using cloth on my little girl.
I was totally happy with it and confident with my choice until work colleagues and the in laws all looked at me in horror when i mentioned it.

Such a shame as i am completely cloth obsessed and even though we never have cash i have been ebaying like a mare and gathered a nice little stash :)

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 pm

alamaya wrote:Thanks for the reassurance ladies.

Must admit very nervous about using cloth on my little girl.
I was totally happy with it and confident with my choice until work colleagues and the in laws all looked at me in horror when i mentioned it.

Such a shame as i am completely cloth obsessed and even though we never have cash i have been ebaying like a mare and gathered a nice little stash :)

Take no notice of the in laws and work colleagues.....most people dont have a clue what modern cloth nappies are about.
As for the cord I just used nappies over the cord as thats what they did in the hospital so I never questioned it. Cord was fine and fell off in DHs hand while he was changing her lol.....gave him a bit of a shock

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:07 pm

The midwives just told me to do the teenyfits up over his cord quite loose. It worked fine for us but we didn't have a cord clamp on.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)