hf1

Itti Bitti Aio V Sio

My avatar
alamaya
Clothie
Clothie

Itti Bitti Aio V Sio

Postby alamaya » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Firstly apologies if this has been done before. I tried to search but tbh never been good at finding things lol.

I have brought some tuttos but wanting to get a couple of sized itti's and wondered if people had a preference to the AIO and SIO. I know what they are and have researched how they go together but not sure which to try.

Any ideas?

Or if anyone is clever and can point me in the direction of a previous thread i have stupidly missed i would also be grateful.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Itti Bitti Aio V Sio

Postby Soupdragon » Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 am

Completely personal preference. The advantage of the SIO is that the shell can be reused with new inserts, provided that the nappy is just wet, rather than being just used once then washed. Pulling apart for washing also means that the system dries quicker, so the outer can be used with new inserts before the original inserts are dry. The AIO is slower drying, but it is a true AIO; no need to faff about reassembling the nappy, just take it off the line and use it. I guess it comes down to your washing routine. :)

My avatar
stacey10782010
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby stacey10782010 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 am

i have both and have more sio than aio,i say get both :D

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 am

I find the SIO more absorbent so prefer these, but the good thing about the AIO is they are ready to go after being washed & dried, you don't need to spend time putting them together!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 am

For little babies I MUCH prefer AIO, they sit better around the legs. For older I prefer SIO.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat May 21, 2011 4:50 pm

I only used SIO's with DS because I didn't start using them till he was 5-6 months old.
However with DD Ive got a mixture of AIO's & SIO's - and I actually love the AIO on her newborn teeny bottom.
I can see the benefit of switching to just SIO's later when they are widdling more - but the AIO's are perfect for her as a baby. (actually I seem to be able to get a better fit on her round the legs with AIO's .. not sure why? but I do!)

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sat May 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Definitely AIO - better fit round legs, quicker to dry (different materials to sio) and no faffing with inserts

My avatar
Chazsucks
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Chazsucks » Sat May 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Hmmm the SIOs are good because you can just change the insert but keep the actual nappy on....

But I loveeee the AIOs and it means hubby has absolutely no excuse not to change a nappy :giggle:

xxx

My avatar
Mumalicious
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mumalicious » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:39 pm

i have both and much prefer my aio. its easy, no faff atall, and it looks and feels more comfortable for my little man. i do like my sios too tho

Return to AIO's (All in ones)