hf1

Recommend me something reliable for a 9lb baby boy please

My avatar
mummysab
Clothie
Clothie

Recommend me something reliable for a 9lb baby boy please

Postby mummysab » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 am

Im using itti AIO's and Thirsties duo diapers atm, and finding neither last all that long, although the thirstes fit alot better than the ittis, they are both leaking. The legs are gaping around the ittis, but the thirsties fit well.
thanks x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Recommend me something reliable for a 9lb baby boy please

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 am

Have you tried the easyfits? When Darcie started out pee'ing the teenyfits I was lost for AIO ideas but we love the easyfits! :thumbsup: You can easily boost them with a bamboo little lamb booster too which adds next to no bulk at all but offers more absorbancy if you need it :wink:

My avatar
mummysab
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummysab » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 am

megansmummy wrote:Have you tried the easyfits? When Darcie started out pee'ing the teenyfits I was lost for AIO ideas but we love the easyfits! :thumbsup: You can easily boost them with a bamboo little lamb booster too which adds next to no bulk at all but offers more absorbancy if you need it :wink:

Are the easyfits huge on a littly though? I like nappies to be quite slim fitting xx

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 am

BG aio smalls are a fab fit on Lucas still (at 13lb 4 this morning) and worked easily from 8lb. They lasted Ryan til he was 4 months old as well and probably 16-17lbs. I bought a nappy cut of zorb from Lush Tush and cut boosters for my teenyfits, I now use them in the aio as he's starting to wet through them quicker and they'll last 3-4hrs.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 pm

mummysab wrote:
megansmummy wrote:Have you tried the easyfits? When Darcie started out pee'ing the teenyfits I was lost for AIO ideas but we love the easyfits! :thumbsup: You can easily boost them with a bamboo little lamb booster too which adds next to no bulk at all but offers more absorbancy if you need it :wink:

Are the easyfits huge on a littly though? I like nappies to be quite slim fitting xx

Darcie is long and thin and here she is weighing 10lbs 8oz at 14 weeks...

My avatar
mummysab
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummysab » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:38 pm

thanks for sharing that pic its gorgeous :)x

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi Hun I use thirsties duo on my LO but size 2. Where was it leaking from and do you mean wee leaks or the other :giggle: ? Where is it leaking from?
My DD wee s forwards iykwim so we always need boosting at the front, the back is always dry. With the duos I fold the hemp/cotton insert in half and put it under the microfibre bit, then put the doubled up bit at the front. Works a treat for us so might be worth a try?
I ve just tried a bitti tutto and it wicked wee out for us :(

You may have a heavy wetter, if so you ll need to look for bamboo, hemp, zorb type materials, you ll not be able to get away with microfibre alone but microfibre boosted with a good soaking material booster. The duo should be ok with the cotton/hemp bit.

Good luck xxx

My avatar
mummysab
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummysab » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Nic_1 wrote:Hi Hun I use thirsties duo on my LO but size 2. Where was it leaking from and do you mean wee leaks or the other :giggle: ? Where is it leaking from?
My DD wee s forwards iykwim so we always need boosting at the front, the back is always dry. With the duos I fold the hemp/cotton insert in half and put it under the microfibre bit, then put the doubled up bit at the front. Works a treat for us so might be worth a try?
I ve just tried a bitti tutto and it wicked wee out for us :(

You may have a heavy wetter, if so you ll need to look for bamboo, hemp, zorb type materials, you ll not be able to get away with microfibre alone but microfibre boosted with a good soaking material booster. The duo should be ok with the cotton/hemp bit.

Good luck xxx

thank ill try doubling up the hemp layer and see how we go :)
feeling 2 parters...

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Jake was 9lb at birth and he fitted in Teenyfits but looking back, we could have just gone straight into Easyfits I think. I second what Tory said, Easyfits are fab, lots of room for boosting too!

Some people find they dont get a good fit with Ittis for a while and then later on they suddenly start fitting better. We get on better with the SIO than the AIO. I am also loving Weenotions pockets. I think apart from that though we mainly use fitteds and wool/fleece.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)