hf1

Bumgenius AIO SIzed Nappies

My avatar
dominica2dot
Clothie
Clothie

Bumgenius AIO SIzed Nappies

Postby dominica2dot » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:03 am

I have bought quite a few Bumgenius sized nappies in small and medium and spent quite a lot of money on them but I am really disappointed. They are cute and easy to put on and no major leaks so far but they are just not the right nappy for my daughter.
Size small: The leg opening is much too tight and the rise too small. She is around 11lb now and these nappies should last up to 16lb but they leave red marks on her. She is a chubby baby but average for her age.
Size medium: is still slightly to big as when I put it on her it leaked due to wrong fit as smaller size does not leak.

I also had one XS but these were leaking a lot and where too small when she was about 8-9lb and according to Cotton Babies it should last up to 12lb, do not know how that would happen.

In all I have spent loads of money for nappies, which I would be able to use just for couple of weeks. Real shame I did not go for Smartipants as they seem to fit much much better. I am not even able to try out other nappies as my budget will not allow me :(

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Bumgenius AIO SIzed Nappies

Postby Asta » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:13 am

I've had a few people say similar, I think chunky thighs mean they just won't fit! Why not sell them and buy more Smartipants since they work for you?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 am

I'm sorry these aren't working for you but, unfortunately, not every nappy will be a great fit on every baby. I love the look of ittis for example, but I've never been able to sucessfully use them on my LO.

If they haven't been used very much, you'd probably be able to get a good bit of your money back if you sold the bumgenius on the classifieds. Then, as PP suggests, you could get some smartipants if that's what works for you.

Don't be discouraged - finding the right cloth nappy for your LO is often a process of trial and error!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry they're not working for you :( I haven't tried mediums but the smalls work great for us. I agree that you should sell them on classifieds and use the money to get some more Smartipants if those worked for you. :)

My avatar
monkeyhanger
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby monkeyhanger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Its a real shame when nappies dont fit your lo when you ahve spent so much on them. I would consider selling them on and getting something that does fit well.

I had to wait months for the large ittis ti fit my dd properly but eventually they did. Thanksfully I have enough (shamefully) of a stash that we were able to manage without them for a few months.

I hope you find something that works well for you soon hon :)

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

i've bought lots of different brands and types of nappies and they don't all fit on my kids so i re sell and buy others. It's good to buy preloved ones first to try then if you get on with them, either buy more preloved or new...

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm glad you posted this - I was considering getting some of these for easy daddy / changing bag use, but with a long in the rise, chunky thighed baby, it sounds like they wouldnt be the right choice for us!

Like the others have said, hopefully you will be able to get a decent price for them on classifieds and you can use the funds to get something that works for you better.

Return to AIO's (All in ones)