hf1

Full Time AIO Stash-Size?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Full Time AIO Stash-Size?

Postby mudita » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 pm

We have switched our stash over to all AIO as the amount of bits of washing was depressing me--I now like having just one nappy to put away vs one shell and 2 inserts etc. per nappy. Plus, my DH can figure these out :giggle:

But, I think we'll need a larger stash. Any advice? We've already got a mix of AIOs to try out: BG, Easyfit, Pop-ins (even though they are really AI2, I don't unsnap them) Bambooty, Itti, Coolababy, Real Easy, Cushie Tushie, but I was thinking we should have at least 40 as some take much longer than others to dry. I think we have about 30 or so now (some sized, and some BTP) TBH, I like all the ones we have, thought I went overboard on the easyfits, and have possibly been bitten by the Itti bug :D They all fit my LO as well, which is great, he is only 10 weeks but is 13lbs so legs seem to be fine on most. We still get through up to 12 nappies a day right now.

So, any advice on the ideal number would be helpful, thanks! I can't remember how many nappies per day I went through with my first when he started weaning...

ETA: we don't have a tumble dryer or a proper airing cupboard
Last edited by mudita on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Full Time AIO Stash-Size?

Postby jclmellor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:57 pm

hi, for one baby i think 30 or so is plenty if you're washing every other day... i have a huge stash though, of about 50 (!) - we have specific nursery ones too and hopefully another baby on the way - which is nice because it takes the pressure of of having to use the dryer or wash every day x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Full Time AIO Stash-Size?

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:55 am

I use AIO/AI2 on my daughter and have for the last year or so. We have 6 easyfits, 9 various wahm ones, 10 wn, plus 10 ebay cheapie pockets for grandparents to have at theirs as spares. We wash every 3 days, so could probably do with 15, however, the Mouse is a fair bit older than your lo, so I would say 30 would be fine.

Make sure you do unsnap all the inserts when you dry them though, I know it's a bit time consuming to undo and then redo it all each time, but it really does help to reduce drying time, especially with the ittis - they can go a bit cardboard-y after a while.

Return to AIO's (All in ones)