hf1

Small or medium itti for new baby?

My avatar
Siddy+bump
Clothie
Clothie

Small or medium itti for new baby?

Postby Siddy+bump » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:10 am

I'm really undecided whether to get small or medium itti for my baby boy when he arrives in jan. Iv only used cloth on ds1 since he was 15 months & he is in large itti SIOs at the mo.
I probably won't use cloth on my new one until he is around 2-3 weeks old so just wondering if it will be a waste of money buying smalls?
My first son was 6lb 15oz at birth so I'm expecting this one to be slightly bigger & at 2-3 weeks probably weigh 8-9lb?
Has any one got any advice or even better any pics of their babies in small or medium so I can compare the size?
Thank you! X

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Small or medium itti for new baby?

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:12 am

TBH I wouldn't buy any Ittis until later on so would go for mediums. I had a few smalls and we never got a good fit with them at all - major leg gape and leaks. I think with Ittis its a bit hit and miss as to whether they are going to fit well on a tiny baby, especially if they have skinny legs. Even M Ittis don't fit my DD well atm.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:49 am

I used small ittis on my wee boy from about 2 weeks. They fitted him well and I loved them, they're so cute! :D He was 7lbs 9 at birth but gained weight very quickly and was about 9lbs when I started to use the ittis. He has chunky thighs though, and I think that makes all the difference with the fit. He's just outgrowing the smalls now and the medium fit beautifully. There's not much size difference between small and medium.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:03 am

I skipped smalls and Lucas started wearing mediums at 9 weeks. He was 12lb by then and was just outgrowing the Teenyfits. He also stopped gaining weight then and only weighs 14lb 11 nearly 4 months later, so they still fit great! :)

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am

Saffron fitted in her smalls from about 2 weeks old and still fits un them now at 14lbs. She was 6lb 7 born. We've never had a leak and find them really reliable.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am

Smalls didn't fit my ds well at all so from about 5weeks (ds was about 13lb) we used mediums and they fit much better :) next time i won't bother getting smalls and will stick lo straight in mediums

My avatar
Siddy+bump
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Siddy+bump » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:57 am

Mmm il probably just have to get a few of both & try them. Busybee how old was your son when he outgrew the smalls? X

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:09 pm

I can't help with the question sorry but just had to say I saw this title just after I had been browsing Classifieds and at first glance read it as a swap... :hohoho: :oops:

My avatar
Siddy+bump
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Siddy+bump » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:51 pm

As in swap ittis for new baby?! Haha! I love ittis but not that much! :hohoho:

Return to AIO's (All in ones)