hf1

Leaking Easyfits?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Leaking Easyfits?

Postby mudita » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:41 pm

I love my easyfit v2s, but they have started leaking from the front/top edge on my little boy (11 weeks old). They are the only nappy that does so... so I am perplexed. I hate boosting my nappies, but perhaps I need to? Or am I just not putting the flap back properly? Or is this common for little boys? THey leak out the top but the inner is only sodden to about 2/3 way back. They don't need stripping, and most are quite new. Any thoughts or advice? I find Real Easys last longer and don't leak out the top, but the inner top edge is completely covered by the outer flaps at the moment, where the Easyfits aren't.

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Leaking Easyfits?

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 pm

How long are you leaving them between changes? I've heard of this happening quite a bit with boys.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 pm

2 hours tops! it can happen after 1 hr--was wondering if it was a boy issue :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:59 am

If they are poppered down, then I find that the inner fabric seems to want to bunch up on the top so anything touching the inner fabric will be wet and leak as it isnt waterproof. If this is what is happening to you, then all you need to do is stuff the inner fabric back under the outer pul layer and that will stop it happening.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:57 am

ok, really silly question, but are you stuffing before or after you popper down the rise? If you do it after then it shouldn't bunch up as much at the top.

Maybe try going up one set of poppers so it's not so bunched at the top? I know he's little but it may work? I've only used Easyfits on Lucas a few times as they're all that fits Ryan so I need them for him!!

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi

My easyfits were leaking on my boy who is small (16lbs at 11 months). I was advised to adjust the size and it has worked - we haven't had any more leaks.

Coco x

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi there
My boy is only just over 13 lbs...but today I tried poppering up and stuffing with both organic cotton TB boosters and LL bamboo boosters...still sodden clothing! :( The top part above the velcro strip is soaking and the insert/booster is soaking only in the front half. The back is bone dry. This only happens to me with easyfits, my other nappies end up soaking all they way along hte booster and if they wick/leak it is usually around the leg...

I am a bit stumped! i will give it another try tomorrow.... :-? maybe they just aren't made for us.....

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 pm

It's weird, my easyfits leaked in exactly the same place. Changing the fit has helped but I can still get longer from BG, WN and Cushie Tushies.

Coco x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:56 pm

You are pointing his bits downward, aren't you? (Otherwise he could just pee over the top. :giggle: )

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)