Advice/ recommendations for Ai1/Ai2's for 18mth old

My avatar
luckydog_jd
Clothie
Clothie

Advice/ recommendations for Ai1/Ai2's for 18mth old

Postby luckydog_jd » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi,
In the last few weeks my 18mth old daughter seems to be out peeing her Ai1/Ai2 nappies. I thought it was a one off with an old nappy but now I'm sure it's more a case of she is producing more or storing it up and doing it on one go. I have stripped all my nappies in the hope this will increase their absorbency but no luck.

At the moments I use a combination of fitted ( mainly ME Sandies) and Ittti bitti's/ Holdens Landing Ai2/Ai1's. The boosted Sandies seem to be holding up at the moment, but my itti's and HL aren't cutting it.
I would still like to to use some nappies that don't require a wrap so am in search of an alternative.

She is currently in a M/L HL and a M itti, these are a good fit on her. Not sure of her weight but she was 16mths before she reached 9KG so she isn't heavy. Her build is long and thin so I do find she gets leg gape on some nappies especially pockets, but I'm willing to give them a go as they would offer more flexibility for boosting.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jane

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Advice/ recommendations for Ai1/Ai2's for 18mth old

Postby little1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:26 am

Hi, have you tried organic flips, they work well on my 21mth DD who is close to PT so holds her wees.

Also you could try something with a microfibre top layer to absorb the wee more quickly?? the bamboo in the ittis is v absorbant but doesn't absorb that quickly if they do a big wee it just leaks out the sides IYSWIM.

HTH :hug:

My avatar
luckydog_jd
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Advice/ recommendations for Ai1/Ai2's for 18mth old

Postby luckydog_jd » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 pm

I hadn't thought about using a microfibre insert. We do it with her night nappies so don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to do it during the day.

Thanks for the advice.
Jane

Return to AIO's (All in ones)