hf1

'Close Parent' nappies getting small on my 3-month-old .?

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

'Close Parent' nappies getting small on my 3-month-old .?

Postby Robins_Mummy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I have a big-for-his-age 3 month boy: he's already in 12-month+ clothes ... and recently our favourite nappies, the Close Parent Pop-Ins seem to be getting quite small on him: I've always had them on the biggest sizing (unpoppered), so I just have to keep doing the applix looser and looser, and now we're nearly at the ends of the velcro strip :shock:

Is this normal? Do some babies outgrow particular nappies sometimes??

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: 'Close Parent' nappies getting small on my 3-month-old .?

Postby ems101 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:51 pm

hmm, not sure. Our 2yrs old is average size in 2yr old clothes and still fits her pop in. Do you have it extra boosted?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Babies tend to slim out when they start moving so chances are they will fit him when he is older. If he is only 3 mths, you might have a problem making them last until he starts moving though. Not all nappies fit all babies so you might have to try a different brand

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:52 pm

do you have a picture of him wearing one by any chance? I have always thought Pop-Ins were a "smaller" BTP and were my go-too nappy when my LO was tiny though I didnt have this problem ;) It would be useful to see the current fit.

My avatar
Curly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Curly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi, I have not long bought 10 pop in second hand nappies. I am new to cloth nappies, baby 5 months, (slow on the start) and these nappies only just fit. He should be on the middle setting as 18lbs, but I can't reach the nappy unless fully open. The velcro only just fits on, and tonight was popping open when he moved. He's not particularly big baby, average really. They should be to potty, but can't see us using much longer. have some pocket and prefolds which are a lot easier to use as don't have to struggle to put them on.
Might have to get rid... Does anyone have any tips how I should be using them, or how to make them fit better?
Anyone use pop in's successfully got suggestions?
Thanks

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 am

We have been using them on the longest snap setting from about 12 weeks too. |Penny is 19 months and hers still fit although she is long and quite skinny now and they do still fit quite well. Maybe when he gets moving they will fit better. I think pop ins are quite a small nappy in terms of btp though. HTH

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 am

My long skinny baby outgrew them at about 20 months

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 am

I only have to have them fully unpoppered when I have the night booster in for my 5 1/2 month old.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am

I have a shorter lo and we still use them ovrnight and she 32 months now did have a stage where she nearlly outgrow them but as soon as she started moving she slimed down

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)