hf1

Best Nappy for heavy wetter, AIO, fitted or others?

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:06 pm

What are the best nappies for heavy wetters? So far the only ones that work for us are BumGenious with a different insert - dunno what the inserts are as have always bought them second hand and no-one seems to know what make they are but they are brilliant!

Have tried other pocket nappies, fitteds, AIOs and leaks every time!

Any others worth trying?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best Nappy for heavy wetter

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:20 pm

I personally have not found an AIO that is suitable for heavy wetters, they would all need additional boosting imo

jan x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Im finding the Itti Bitti very good - its an AI2 rather than AIO - you can buy a separate booster too that helps it last longer. Normally goes a good few hours.

Sadie xx

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Im finding the Itti Bitti very good - its an AI2 rather than AIO - you can buy a separate booster too that helps it last longer. Normally goes a good few hours.

Sadie xx

this is on my to get list!

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:02 pm

JanX wrote:I personally have not found an AIO that is suitable for heavy wetters, they would all need additional boosting imo

jan x

I dont know if its just me or my son but no matter what he has he needs an additional booster or two/three!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:38 pm

I have found the most absorbent thing for us to be a greenkids bamboo insert - very slim so easy to boost with microfibre or wahtever but no need for me

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 am

northernruth wrote:I have found the most absorbent thing for us to be a greenkids bamboo insert - very slim so easy to boost with microfibre or wahtever but no need for me

Thanks - will be sure to check that out!

Kerry
:pregnant:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Apart from BG I find that Wonderoos birth-to-potty are excellent with 1 micro-terry and 1 hemp insert - my DD is also a v. heavy wetter and can easily go at least 3 hours in one of these. Starbunz are also excellent with the same inserts - I've never had a wicking problem and they're SO cute - but v. expensive! Best 2 parter I've found is Baby Beehinds but they only last a max of 2 hours on my daughter. Good luck!

Return to AIO's (All in ones)