Help! Options to itti bitti's when rise is too low

My avatar
Pauliina
Clothie
Clothie

Help! Options to itti bitti's when rise is too low

Postby Pauliina » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Hello,
I'm new to cloth nappies, and we've been testing AIO's and pocket nappies. We've currently been using Itti Bitti's medium (my son is 6.9kg), but the rise is very low. I can almost see the bump c when I look at him from behind. We will be testing larges, but I'd appreciate any tips for other slim fits, as we've spent quite a bit on Bumgeniuses and Swaddlebees where they've been too wide for him.

Any tips? Thanks!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Help! Options to itti bitti's when rise is too low

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm quite surprised that you find Swaddlebees too wide as they are quite trim fitting in the crotch area. (Generally you have to use Swaddlebees inserts with them as other pocket inserts are too wide) Ittis are a very low rise nappy so you'll probably find the larges a better fit.

My avatar
Pauliina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pauliina » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks Louise,
I got the Swaddlebees second hand, so the inserts might have not been right. I'll double check!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi! :wave: We use a lot of tuttos now, but my chunky thighed ds was out of his small boo and medium d'lish early each time. I find the tutto is sometimes very low rise (and was worried a napwhile ago) but he's been on the biggest poppers for months now and normally the exact same snaps around the waist too (unless he's eaten loads...) so it's looking like what people told me (they'll stretch and not just get bigger all over) is coming true! I'd second the advice to try large (or tuttos). :thumbsup: hope that helps s :D

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 pm

oh, and we use little lamb bamboo boosters in bgs now, with the little microfibre one on top to soak the wee up quickly, it makes the nappies much squishier and they don't seem so bulky in the crotch now. I should think any other non-mf booster would reduce the bulk? I you did decide to drop ittis you could try their boosters in the bg? I've done that from time to time and although they can shift a little, it works fine.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:57 am

I've always found there to be quite a difference between the medium & large itti's. When we moved from small to medium with James & Eleanor there was an overlap in size, but yes it was the ruse that made us move up to mediums.
However I've found the larges to be too big around the legs initially so had to use other nappies for a while until nine chunked out a bit more!

If its pockets/aio you're after then WeeNotions ai2 are nice and trim & blueberrys whilst being wider are nice and squishy between the legs (although I use a hemp & mf insert) rather than the new just mf they come with now!

If its fitteds your after - I love the trim fit of oww & fluff&stuff!

My avatar
Pauliina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pauliina » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks all! So great to get help from you.

I've gotten a few used larges to test for now and am also looking at Pop Ins V2 to test.
I really like the look of the WeeNotions so will try get one to test too. I haven't spent my council voucher yet, so am second hand testing pockets or AIO's to find a good fit.

I think I'll end up selling the Itti's AIO mediums in any case, they're just so low.

x

Return to AIO's (All in ones)