hf1

New pop-in vs old pop-in?

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

New pop-in vs old pop-in?

Postby lizzibeff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:56 am

Are there any pop-in lovers out there who've tried the new style pop-in?

I'm in love with my pop-in bamboo. It's just lasted through a cluster feed, a bottle and and early morning poo-splosion without a single leak. 6 hours in total which is unheard of for us!

Question is do I just buy a few more of the old style which are cheaper, or is the new style worth the extra investment?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: New pop-in vs old pop-in?

Postby ponygirl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 am

I love the old pop ins too but the new ones are in some fab colours. Hopefully someone will have tried the new ones to compare!

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:05 pm

I've noticed the new ones have an absorbent core in the shell so i guess that makes buying extra insert sets only worthwhile if the shell will dry quicker than the insert.

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Although we havent used popins on since Chloe was about a year, I have tried the new ones, both types. The outers are nice - no bobbling and lovely colours. They work pretty much the same IMHO, great for containment, cant say the bit in the shells are a huge inprovement though or not.

One thing I'm not a fan on and wish they changed is moving the laundry tabs from the back of the nappy, annoys me to have to move chloe to the side or do it up after it's off - in case I forget. So wish they moved them to the wings like most other nappies - or just come in snaps!!

I dont like the night time booster either, it's only one layer thick and has a fleece middle bit, which is great for baby but I'm not sure why it goes around the middle of all the layers rather then just have one of the panels topped with it - the bit next to baby.

All in all they still do a great job though, not sure it's worth replacing though when you can buy new old ones for nearly half the price! Unless you really want the new colours - maybe wait for real nappy week?

I must admit I was hoping Close would do some giveaways or something for the launch but it was all a bit quite!

HTH xx

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the info, I will probably just buy up some old stock and old style night boosters since they're a lot cheaper at the mo and work great :D .

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't know if anyone has got two shells to compare but DD who is average height and build outgrew the old ones by 14 months and i know this was an issue with other people too, hence i think the new ones are bigger and have more rise snaps on.

My avatar
Pauliina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pauliina » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 pm

mummy_mi wrote:All in all they still do a great job though, not sure it's worth replacing though when you can buy new old ones for nearly half the price! Unless you really want the new colours - maybe wait for real nappy week?

HTH xx

hi, being a newbie as well - what's the "real nappy week"?
thanks!

My avatar
Pauliina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pauliina » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

ah, googled it. Any idea when it is?

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:02 pm

I think it's 16-22nd april this year, could be a bit off though. But there's always tons of giveaways and discounts going on, so anything you're not desperate for, try and hold off till then! xx

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)