hf1

GNappies

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

GNappies

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 pm

I've heard some chatter about them and then a friend has just said that she'll be using them on her lo, do they work like flips?

I've always been quite sceptical about flips as they seemed to legitimise disposables, iyswim? but apparantly the disposables inserts in gNappies biodegrade in compost piles in up to 150 days?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: GNappies

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Aren't they just g diapers rebranded for the UK market? If so they've been around a long while and I'm sure a few people have used them in the past. I don't like the look or idea of them at all :oops: .

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I heard really bad reviews of them , so haven't been tempted by them.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh really, thanks, I will see what I can find out.

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm

I have one that I'm trialing.

I have to say, I really like them and i will probably buy more, but then again i got on very well with mothercare smartnappies (which seem to be very marmite with a lot of mamas) and they are quite like those except the "hammock" that the insert fits in is removable. They're not like Flips in my opinion.

One thing to bear in mind is that my DD is a light wetter during the day. We almost never need to boost (generally use Easyfits and BG V3 or Flips with microfleece inserts) and very rarely have leaks unless something fits poorly.

I'm not sure whether i would want to have a stash of just Gdiapers but i enjoy using the one i have and have my eye on the birdie print one on their website ;)

My avatar
beckyosborn
Clothie
Clothie

Postby beckyosborn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I've just been looking at these too. would you say they would be no good for a heavier wetter then? also how do you find the plasticy pouch next to your los skin? :-)

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I don't find it a problem, the only bit of the pouch that touches the skin is the edge and that's bound in a polyester type of tape.

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:38 pm

I tried them for a while when we lived in the US, but ended up selling them on. They looked cute and I liked that the velcro was on the back. But I didn't like how the insert (their disposable ones or prefolds) bunched up between the legs and the plastic material of the "pouch" then touched the skin. And because of the bunching up we always ended up with loads of poo not on the inserts but in the pouch which then needed an extra rinse in the toilet before I could put it in the nappy bucket.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I have bought 2 pre-loved and waiting for them to arrive. Going to Turkey next month and after using cloth abroad last time nothing dried in the humid heat and handwashing was a chore. I got ltd edition prints and am going to take sposie liners and a few cheap prefolds I can leave out there lol

Return to AIO's (All in ones)