Postby monsterm » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Hadn't heard of them. Let us know how you like them

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Freetime Bumgenius

Postby smaths » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

I won one in the babame treasure hunt - fits really well on my 6 month old, though I did have a small leak through the stitching across the front. Will wash & do a short blast in the drier and see if that cures it. Otherwise I think its a great nappy, much handier than stuffing the v4.

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:33 am

monsterm wrote:Hadn't heard of them. Let us know how you like them

Hmm not keen at all. The front somehow worked its way down jonah's front and after 2 hrs wear he was left with a red line along his tum (but lower down) and the back of the popper had rubbed and left him a bit sore :( gutted. I'll be sending the other 2 back.
I might try this one again.
It was super absorbent, I loved the aplix and it dried really quickly after a couple of washes.
So disappointed!

Really pleased yours is working out smaths :D

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 pm

What's the difference between the freetime and the V4? The attached insert?

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 am

Lizzi - yes I believe so, and the super spangly new colours of course :D

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Just ordered a freetime in lovelace yesterday, and it arrived today! :yahoo: It looks lovely, just waiting for it to have a pre-wash before I try it out on Lil' Dot. I will let all know how it performed.......

My avatar
CorneliaKennedy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby CorneliaKennedy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Ive got 2 on order, love the V4 but takes time to stuff that I dont have so wanted to try these! Any updates on them?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am

Well, on the first 2 tries she pooed within 10mins of putting the nappy on, so couldn't get a good test of absorbency! Containment was good though :thumbsup: 3rd try, we got a good 3hrs with no leaks.
As for the fit, it comes up smaller in the rise than the V4 and flip, so on my lo it had to be fully un-popped. It's not as trim as the V4 or a stay-dry flip. Also, if the front soaker is stuck under bubba's bum, it pulls the front fabric inwards which can cause it to rub.
In conclusion, I won't be buying another freetime, it's not one of my fav nappies. However, it is now one of my stash staples and it's v pretty, (I hope bumgenius bring out the 'lovelace' design in flips)!

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)