Shoes for dainty feet

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Shoes for dainty feet

Postby Juli » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just spent the morning trying on shoes at a variety of shoe shops, and it has been very frustrating. I'm a size 5, so that's not so unusual, but my feet are really dainty. There is always way too much room all the way round my feet. If I try anything with adjustable straps, like sandals, I always run out of velcro or buckle holes.

I was hoping Clark's might have a narrow fitting range, but they don't. They just have regular and then wide and extra wide. Can anyone suggest a brand that is more narrow fitting?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Shoes for dainty feet

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Try Duo, they are more known for their boots but I just checked and they do shoes too, sale on at the mo :thumbsup:

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks. I've had a look, but unfortunately all bar one of the size 5 narrow selection are high heeled. I'm after a flat everyday sort of shoe.

Also, I'm a bit reluctant ordering things online, because returning things is a pain and you have to pay postage both ways. Given that the chances of success are slim (given my usual experience in shops) I don't know if it's worth it...

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Juli wrote:Thanks. I've had a look, but unfortunately all bar one of the size 5 narrow selection are high heeled. I'm after a flat everyday sort of shoe.

Also, I'm a bit reluctant ordering things online, because returning things is a pain and you have to pay postage both ways. Given that the chances of success are slim (given my usual experience in shops) I don't know if it's worth it...

@Rox recently advised us all that if you return all of an order then ou are entitled to a refund of P&P charges under teh UK Distance Selling Regualtions. I just managed to get a refund of the postage on an order I returned to Anthropologie. Of course that doesn't help with the return postage I guess.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

That's very interesting. I'll keep that in mind next time I return something.

Return to Forest Fashionistas