Fleece for Daytime

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Fleece for Daytime

Postby moonfruit » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi

I just wondered if anyone used fleece in the daytime. My boy toddler has a nasty reaction to pul, and most of the time we use wool at home. But I was wondering whether fleece could work in the day for him, just so he can wear his clothes and not wool longies all of the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Lisa

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Fleece for Daytime

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 pm

I would have thought wool would be more reliable... Could you use something like a felted wool wrap (e.g. couche cover?) instead which would work under his clothes? Or a soaker?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:23 am

I don't think I would trust fleece wraps in the day, I find they wick. As Steph says, perhaps try a wool wrap instead?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:37 pm

I've got a fleece wrap (pre-loved and cant remember the name sorry) and its great, no wicking and very reliable.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:12 pm

I have used fleece wraps during the day with no problems, the only time I do get wetness is when they compression wick for example if the girls have been sat in their buggy/car seat or highchair and have compressed it through the fleece :roll:

for general at home running round use they have all been great, and nap time/bedtime I find them just fab too

I currently only have debbies nappies fleece soakers, but I have in the past used tots fleece wraps, minki fleece wraps, stacinator fleece wraps and stuffie fleece wraps

jan x

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:20 pm

I've used fleece wraps for daytime without problem as long as K is not sat down for a long period of time, ie in the car or pushchair.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)