hf1

Which wraps to go with prefolds?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Which wraps to go with prefolds?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Okay so apart from my gorgeous cute fitteds and pockets for bump we also have a BTP pack of bambino mio prefolds... Now the bambino mio wraps are ok for prefolds, but the velcro on them is really really wide and thick and I hated them on Isabelle...

So apart from nippa-ing them onto bump and using weenotions wraps or wool - which wraps would you use with prefolds? There's a certain weight when you just can't nippa them on as they don't go round!! I'm sure (hope) we'll end up using them if only as backup nappies - we use them as mopups and used to use them as nappy mat covers after we got fedup with their lack of absorbency and I'd quite like them to be used properly again :lol:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Which wraps to go with prefolds?

Postby babyroo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:26 pm

I had one prefold 8-) but quite often used to padfold terries and use a ME airflow wrap successfully. When I used them Katie would have been a few months old and Harry would have been two and a bit.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 pm

may sound really bizarre but i started using bambino mio with sam and used blueberry ss small over the top as a wrap so maybe their wraps would work?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:22 pm

Any close fitting wrap would work well, then you wouldnt have to nippa or fasten the prefolds themselves. We used Bambino Mios own to start with and hated them, so bought some Tots Bots, Nature Babies and Cotton Bottoms and these all worked great for us. ME Rikki would prob be great too - never have used them but they have a great reputation.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:20 pm

I was gonig to suggest nature babies aswell, but as I'd never used prefolds I didn't want to send you barking up the wrong tree!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 am

Glad there are some pretty ones - reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want ANY boring wraps this time!!! :hohoho:

Wonder if Blueberry wraps would work then... :lol:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:45 am

The cotton bottoms / bummis ones worked perfectly on Ben, but any of the US ones like blueberry should work too as that is what their blurb always says!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:46 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Glad there are some pretty ones - reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want ANY boring wraps this time!!! :hohoho:

Wonder if Blueberry wraps would work then... :lol:

Have posted in the blueberry wrap post, but if you hadn't seen it they are on offer at stratford nappies, 14.20 I think!

My avatar
sweetpea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sweetpea » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:48 am

My BF used Bambino Mio and swore by ME airflow or Riki :D
Claire
x

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)