Sealing PUL?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Sealing PUL?

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can let me know how to seal PUL, and how often it needs to be done? I'm going to do it on all of my PUL stuff before LO arrives just to make sure it's all good to use straight away. Is it okay to use on things like tuttos, BG's, Easyfits, etc... that have PUL as the waterproofing on them too?

Thanks,
Sarah

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Sealing PUL?

Postby Dora » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:08 pm

As far as I know a quick but warm cycle on the tumble drier should do the trick. Fine for tuttos-i find a quick low cycle improves their appearance ;-) x

My avatar
Rachel_C
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rachel_C » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:33 pm

If the nappies/wraps are new, don't attempt to do anything to them! PUL is waterproof as it comes, you don't and shouldn't need to do anything to them at all.

If you do and they're still under warranty, get them sorted by the manufacturer! If they're preloved, I still wouldn't do anything to them unless you have problems. Some things shouldn't be tumble dried and that is the way I usually see people suggesting you reseal PUL... however, tumbling something that shouldn't be tumble dried can ruin the PUL in the first place, so you may be doing more harm than good. I actually very much doubt that tumbling PUL can reseal it anyway. Wild Child explains it pretty well I think - http://shop.wildchildnappies.com.au/pages.php?pageid=11 Basically if you're getting PUL hot enough to reseal it, you're more likely to do damage because of the pulling action of the machine. I wouldn't tumble minky at all.

My avatar
Rachel_C
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rachel_C » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Ha just saw how old this thread is!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)