hf1

Wraps usable with two parter and Flip

My avatar
pascoa341
Clothie
Clothie

Wraps usable with two parter and Flip

Postby pascoa341 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 am

Little one is growing out of her first set of wraps (bless her), so we need some new ones. We use a combination of Flips, Little Lambs, Bamboozle and Fluffles and will probably continue to use two parters and flips in the future as we like their different characteristics. Our current wraps are two flips, a motherease and a thirsties duo and it is the latter two that need to be renewed as little one is growing out of them. She is a big baby (94% percentile weight wise), so we need something suitable for the tall and 'traditionally built baby' as Mma Precious Ramotswe would say :wink: .

To replace them we wold like a wrap that is suitable for both flips and two parters (we feel both the motherease and thirsties are not best for flips as they lack specific inserts to put the flip soaker in) and have double gutted legs (which the flips do not have and caused several little accidents. I believe the Gen-y universal would appear to have this. Is it any good?

Also, I have once found an American "etsy" vendor (I believe she was actually mentioned on here) that makes some of these wraps. While I believe there is also an English website selling them, I cannot remember or find out which wrap this was. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Finally if you have any other suggestions regarding other wraps that take both flips and two parters, are double gutted and work great for a big baby, it would be great to hear about them two.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wraps usable with two parter and Flip

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:05 pm

People use green carbon living (gcl) wraps (more suitable for slimmer baby) with flip inserts successfully and yes-gen y universal work fab with them :)

My avatar
pascoa341
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pascoa341 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks for that! Seems of those two the gen-y is the best for LO. Now I have also found 'Peachy Green' and 'Weehuggers' as possible wraps. Have any of you tried these and can you compare them to the Gen-y or original Flip wraps?

edit: I have found the original brand I found! 'Zookies' Has anyone used them and/or any of the others?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 am

We used weehuggers and got constant wicking as the binding sucked up the wee. I haven't tried any of the others though as we now use wool covers.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 am

:wave: yes-i can compare wee huggers and zookies for you too but not peachy green. wee huggers dont have the leg gusset (all the ones i have dont anyway but check their site) and imo run small, zookies run large for size - they do a universal birth to potty with leg gussets-but not all of them are gussted so watch when ordering-they dont wick for me, nor do gen-y, wee huggers neither although if you have a chubby legged lo, go up a size or get one with an extra rise if you can.
Last edited by Dora on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 am

just wanted to say that michelle from zookies is lovely to deal with and if you wanted anything tinkered around with, she would do it for you. she has plenty of fabrics on etsy and also has some that she hasnt put online yet so ask if you need something particula :)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 pm

we got wicking with weehuggers too

My avatar
SarryB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SarryB » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Thank you for this thread, I love my Flips, but need more!! I really like the type of nappy where the insert fits under flaps at both ends.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)