Fleece/wool at night and leaking

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Fleece/wool at night and leaking

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Afternoon ladies!

I have just bought some wool and fleece to use (at night) - Disana wool pants and a WN fleece wrap. I have tried each a couple of times but am having some leaking issues (wetness on dd's clothes, sleeping bag and bedsheets) so think I may be doing something wrong. I have lanolised the wool a couple of times so am assuming that's not the problem. My dd is 8 months and does seem to have started heavy wetting at night recently. Nappy wise, we are using either LL bamboo, Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch or Flexitot with a couple of bamboo boosters. The nappies are saturated by the morning. Do you think I am using the wrong nappies?

Also, I know the fleece/wool lets moisture evaporate but should dd's sleeping bag feel damp too and smell of wee? Surely bedding etc shouldn't be changed everyday because of using fleece/wool??

Any help much appreciated! :blw:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Fleece/wool at night and leaking

Postby sim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm

No, the sleep bag / bedding shouldn't be damp.

I would try boosting the nappies with an additional hemp booster- we would never have got through a night in one of those nappies without significant boosting.

We switched to dedicated night nappies at about that age.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 pm

I would say that the nappies aren't absorbent enough. Try adding what you boost with or a different nappy. We used night nappies from the start with DD3. Our faves were/are Little Gumnut All Hours, Holdens Landing Bedbug Plus and Wee Notions Night Notions all with wool over the top. Are her clothes tight over the top of the wool/fleece? That can cause wicking too.

My avatar
littlepinkfluffbum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlepinkfluffbum » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks for the advice. The clothes aren't tight over the top - there is a little bit of room. I think I'll try extra boosters tonight to see what happens and then look at getting proper night nappies. Thanks for the nappy suggestions - I will check them out.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)