hf1

Disana sizing.

My avatar
VicA
Clothie
Clothie

Disana sizing.

Postby VicA » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:56 am

I'm looking to get a disana wool cover, never tried wool but heard such great things, and they look so comfy!

But what size? My LO is about 14 lbs, the original sizing with disana suggests the first size 64-68 (0-6 months) but I've just read the next size 74-80 will fit baba til about 18lbs, so should I just go for the next size? That's the 86-92 , this site says it'll fit from 17lbs. Which going by how quickly he's growing will only be a couple of weeks!! :hohoho:
And surely it's ok a little big anyways??!
Any advice/ info on the subject Ladies?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Disana sizing.

Postby Shaunie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 am

I use wool but have never tried these. I would size up because they grow far too fast and in my experience, wool works just fine even if it's a bit big :D

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:54 am

I would go for the bigger one. They felt a bit with time and will get smaller. They are great and bomb proof for night use since they are double layered, but really too bulky if you want to use them under day time clothes.

My avatar
VicA
Clothie
Clothie

Postby VicA » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for the advice :wink:
Yeah I think the bigger ones, much more cost effective!
From what I'd gathered was just planning for night use really, or the odd lazy day round the house.
So for nights would LO just wear a long sleeve vest, woollies, and socks??
Would you still use poppered vests? Or would this wick moisture out?
Sorry for more questions!!! :thumbsup:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 pm

My LO wears wool at night with a poppered best that I leave undone unless it's a size bigger. He wears his sleepsuit and sleepbag as normal.

For day wool I tend to use longies (trousers), or stick with wraps!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)