hf1

Tots vs ME

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Tots vs ME

Postby MrsWeirdo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:32 pm

I've always used ME rikkis during the day and tend to use airflow at night. ME tend to me my workhorse wrap, with a few others thrown in which I haven't been able to love so much!

Anyway, I'm quite keen to try tots wraps for a bit of a change. (I love stars!!!) Can anyone comment on tots wraps for me?

Also, what are their sizes like? AFAIK they come in size 1's and 2's as opposed to ME's s/m/l etc. My DS (7 months 18lbs - skinny waist, chunky thighs) has only just grown out of small Rikki's (still in small airflows in the day) so what size do you think I should get for best fit? I don't want to go for the size 2's and them turning out to be huge. ME small Rikkis are supposed to fit up to 12lbish and he's only just grown out of them, tot's size 2's are supposed to be from 18lb, which DS is now but obviously a funny shape!

TIA for any help. :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Tots vs ME

Postby flutterby » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

I never got on with tots wraps and I know they don't have a great reputation, but I know people who do get on with them how about trying a WN wrap they are the similar shape to ME but soo much prettier and uber reliable!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

OH and I would think L WN, or size 2 tots!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:00 pm

We got on well with our tots wraps.
I did find their sizing a little strange. We were using the size 1 wraps over the size 2 nappies for a long time (when she was in medium size nature babies wraps). We didn't get a good fit around the legs of the tots wraps until Kayleigh had been walking a bit and built up some muscle on her legs.
I think the nature babies popper wraps are easier to fit a slim waist, chunkier thigh than the velcro fastening wraps.
I would also take a look at weenotions wraps and wacky wraps if you want a bit of a change.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm

I liked the tots wraps, and the size 1 wrap lasted me for ages, if I remember rightly I was using them right up until I sold the first size prefolds etc., off when Evie was about 10 months old. They were a high rise wrap too.

Sadie xx

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:30 am

I really don't like the new-style tots wraps.

I got on alright with the older ones (before the stars) but the new ones I get leaks with the toddler I mind all the time - but the same nappies are fine with ME or my swaddlebees wrap.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:27 pm

I am hoping I get on with them ok with my newborn. I was planning to get some airflows in small, which is what I use in large for Elouise, but got some tots bots size 0 from the NCT sale yesterday at stupidly low prices so coudn't say no! If I don't need to buy new wraps for the newborn, that is more money that can go towards getting some night nappies for Elouise! So going to give them a go. They don't wee that much at that age anyway do they? It is mainly poo I guess but with a good nappy underneath it should be ok? I hope so!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 pm

In rretrospect, Jak was a super soaker and I have since used them with Summer aand had no problems!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Tots were OK - Jasmine grew out of the size 1s at about 16lb and is now in size 2's but they are really big on her at 20lb-ish. I don't think I'd buy them again - I much prefer WN wraps, and my favourite overall is wool.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)