hf1

Motherease wraps & rash?!?!?

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Motherease wraps & rash?!?!?

Postby Ruth » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:13 am

Hi, has anyone else had a problem with Motherease wraps & a rash around the leg? Jack's really sore where his wrap has been. What wrap would you recommend for sensitive skin? Twinkle has some nice ones & I am debating which to get.

Thanks xxx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:55 am

I have never had a problem but I have heard people who have. You might want to try something with fleece around the legs like a Stacinator So Simple or I think Lovebums do too.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:53 am

Dont have any recommendations but I've only noticed a rash around phebies legs if the nappy underneath is saturated and its wicked a little

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:17 pm

I've ordered a bumis & a nature babies fleece. I have some tots bots fleeces but I think they are too small tbh so I have ordered larger sizes this time. He never has the rash in them, but they leak (too small??). He has shocking nappy rash at the moment too poor thing. I reckon it's cos I have started to use some flush able wipes cos I got sick of the performance with my washables :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to try a different brand of flushables & if that is no good then I will go back to washables. Thanks for the help xxx

My avatar
BabyLongLegs
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby BabyLongLegs » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:12 pm

Hiya Ruth...
I think they may be too small, Joel used to get the same rash/rub marks on his legs, it was one of the ways I know to move up a size :)
I can heartily recommend Lovebums.....they are Fab wraps :) We alternated between those and wool, especially in the summer months.

Love
Sarah xXx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:32 am

Ruth, what probs have you been having with washable wipes??? Louis tends to get sore when I use them too> Amanda (newclothmum) had some lovely natural ones that seemed to be good when she was here.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 am

Yes yes yes Ruth we had TERRIBLE problems with them for a while!!!

Couple of things that helped us were

a) using fleece or wool at night

b) doing an extra rinse cycle as stuff can build up in the wrapping round the legs - and strip them regularly like you would with nappies - seems it's just as important for wraps!

c) alternate wraps between nappy changes so that they get a chance to dry out etc in between...

And you can also use barrier cream on his legs e.g. shea butter or vaseline...

I've found the wee notions wraps fantastic and haven't had any problems with them - plus they're mega cute!!

EDIT: We also have problems with washable wipes - terrible rashes... I use the earth friendly baby company wipes - they are fully flushable and lovely, contain calendula so calm the skin too...

EDIT again - tots fleece wraps leak round the legs for us too - and we've always used size2... the nature babes fleece wrap we got is ok but HUGE and has PUL round the legs...

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks. Have now ordered a lovebums wrap!!! With footballs on!!! (had to be done :lol: :lol: :lol:).

Tory- I didn't have a problem with the wipes as such, I just found it a bit of a faff!!! I would make the solution up in the morning & the first change would be fine, but then every change after that the water would be cold. But the main reason was that if he had really bitty weetabix style poo then he would get sore as I seemed to rub a bit too much iykwim. I tried not to, but if not he'd have a dirty bum.

Steph - I have used the beaming baby wipes, but I find them too dry & again they are making him sore. Have just ordered some different ones to try - can't remember what they are called though, but will let you know if they are any good!! Thank god for the baby balm :wink:

xx

Return to Wraps (pilchers)