hf1

leaking leaking everywhere

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

leaking leaking everywhere

Postby beck » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:02 am

All my wraps are leaking and I dont mean just a little bit of wicking I mean a whole change of clothes leaking. The only one that isn't is my Baby beehind pul wrap and they are all washed together so I doubt that its got anything to do with how i'm washing them.

I know the solution would be to get more bb's, but I've already ordered 2 and there is a 3-4 week wait on them. So really just posting to have a whinge to someone that understands my pain :cry: :shock: lol :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:33 am

Could it be a size thing - has she perhaps outgrown the others? Or perhaps you could run them through the tumble dryer as this is supposed to re-waterproof them.

Whinge away. We understand

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Give them all 5 or 10 minutes in the dryer. It's supposed to reset the PUL.

My avatar
deni0904
Clothie
Clothie

Re: leaking leaking everywhere

Postby deni0904 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:21 pm

Does the tumble dryer trick work for pocket napies too? I have a few i'd bought pre loved that the pul layer doesn't seem to work as well as on the new ones.
Deni xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:20 pm

:cry: poor wraps >:D<

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Could it be the bicarb you've mentioned you use Beck? It is puported to be bad for the PUL :?

Hope you get to the bottom of it...

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re:

Postby rhead » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:49 pm

ginchyworld wrote:Give them all 5 or 10 minutes in the dryer. It's supposed to reset the PUL.

I'm so going to try that! I bought a Rikki wrap preloved and it's in EEEUC but it wicks straight through after an hour or two, which none of my other ME wraps have ever done (they rock!). It's been sitting in the cupboard for weeks and I've been wondering what to do with it... will report back in a few days...

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:57 am

Well I washed and tumble-dried my wrap (which I never bother doing because they dry so quickly anyway), and early reports are good! DD wore it yesterday with no wicking, though it wasn't the wettest nappy ever underneath. Still, hooray! :wine:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)