hf1

Plastic pants

My avatar
jeanybeeny
Clothie
Clothie

Plastic pants

Postby jeanybeeny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:50 am

I'd be interested to know what people think is the best type of wrap to put on over a terry nappy, for a heavy wetting nearly three year old boy. I've been using traditional plastic pants, but the problem is getting the right waist and leg size to avoid leaks.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Plastic pants

Postby Louise » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 am

I've never used terries and haven't used PUL or plastic covers for years (we used wool or fleece over our nappies for the last 2 babies) but I'm sure most PUL wraps would fit over terries fine. If you get one that has poppers at the side then you can adjust the waist and leg seperately so will get a better fit.

My avatar
jeanybeeny
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jeanybeeny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 am

Thank you for that, but I find the choice of wrap to be so confusing!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 am

I think try fleece wraps do you Sew?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 am

jeanybeeny wrote:I've been using traditional plastic pants, but the problem is getting the right waist and leg size to avoid leaks.

jeanybeeny wrote:Thank you for that, but I find the choice of wrap to be so confusing!

Hi @jeanybeeny what do you mean by plastic pants - actual plastic ones or PUL? I ask because her in Australia they still actually sell the plastic ones I remember from my little sister :shock: How do they do up or are they just pull on?

A PUL wrap with poppers may be a good place to start as you can really adjust the leg and waist to get a good fit.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:46 am

Nature babies sz 3 wraps are pretty big and not too expensive. Id try one of those

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:55 pm

We loved our Blueberry wraps over the terries. The gusset stopped any leaks and they are wide enough to cover any bulk but slim enough to not look huge.

My avatar
jeanybeeny
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jeanybeeny » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 am

Clothmama, the pants are the traditional plastic pull-on type, the attraction being they are relatively cheap on a tight budget. Some of the fancy oness are so expensive.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 am

jeanybeeny wrote:Clothmama, the pants are the traditional plastic pull-on type, the attraction being they are relatively cheap on a tight budget. Some of the fancy oness are so expensive.

They are cheap but it would be worth maybe sourcing some preloved at a similar price, you will notice a huge difference, much more adjustable and far far less likely to leak and they are breathable which makes them much more comfy for you little one! Where do you live I can see if I can point you in the way of some good value covers?

Return to Wraps (pilchers)