How many NB / small wraps do I need?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

How many NB / small wraps do I need?

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:24 am

I'm just wondering how many I need, I honestly can't remember what I had with Louis :oops: ?? I don't remember having that many, I htink I just had the one XS then a few ME Rikkis and Airflows in small, plus a couple of randoms (seem to remember a Bambino Mio one).

I think I've got at least 2 wool soakers already and one of those will fit from NB and I want to make a couple of smalls as well. So that would be
WOOL
  • 4 soakers / shorties - mainly for night time at this stage

Then I've got in PUL
NB
  • ME Rikki XS left from Louis
  • my home made fish one

Small
  • Nature Babies tie die

How many more do I need?

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: How many NB / small wraps do I need?

Postby chocmuffin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:35 am

I think we had about 5/6 newborn. I only changed once every day but as they tend to be prone to explosions at that age I found I needed more. I managed to get a bundle of airflows cheap on ebay so just sold them on cheap again afterwards. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 am

chocmuffin wrote:I think we had about 5/6 newborn. I only changed once every day but as they tend to be prone to explosions at that age I found I needed more. I managed to get a bundle of airflows cheap on ebay so just sold them on cheap again afterwards. X

That is what worries me about using wool - I dont' want to have to wash it all the time! Sounds like I'll definitely need more then as I've only the 3 PUL ones at this stage. I need to order more FOE and find a small pattern I like!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 am

I think I had 6. Ive never had a poosplosion in cloth but we got horrendous wee leakage in bamboo fitteds so gave up in favour of ll sized pockets with the bamboo inserts. They've worked a treat and I thought id never go back to pockets!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 am

clothmama wrote:
chocmuffin wrote:I think we had about 5/6 newborn. I only changed once every day but as they tend to be prone to explosions at that age I found I needed more. I managed to get a bundle of airflows cheap on ebay so just sold them on cheap again afterwards. X

That is what worries me about using wool - I dont' want to have to wash it all the time! Sounds like I'll definitely need more then as I've only the 3 PUL ones at this stage. I need to order more FOE and find a small pattern I like!

With Mia I didn't use PUL at all only wool and we actually didn't have many explosions at all. (probably 2 or 3 for the first 6 months!) I would have 4-5 of each size (newborn and small) TBH.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:51 am

Louise wrote:With Mia I didn't use PUL at all only wool and we actually didn't have many explosions at all. (probably 2 or 3 for the first 6 months!) I would have 4-5 of each size (newborn and small) TBH.

That makes me feel better! i think with wool it will cover both sizes won't it - how much difference is there between a NB and a small wool wrap?

I'm pretty sure my small Nature Babies snaps down to fit nb as well. I think I need to get everything out and have another look!

ems101 wrote:I think I had 6. Ive never had a poosplosion in cloth but we got horrendous wee leakage in bamboo fitteds so gave up in favour of ll sized pockets with the bamboo inserts. They've worked a treat and I thought id never go back to pockets!

I've got some pockets for later and actually I've got the Coolababy nb/small as well. I may even make a couple of AIOs or pockets in small as they can be very easy and I have lots of PUL now!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 am

clothmama wrote:
Louise wrote:With Mia I didn't use PUL at all only wool and we actually didn't have many explosions at all. (probably 2 or 3 for the first 6 months!) I would have 4-5 of each size (newborn and small) TBH.

That makes me feel better! i think with wool it will cover both sizes won't it - how much difference is there between a NB and a small wool wrap?

I'm pretty sure my small Nature Babies snaps down to fit nb as well. I think I need to get everything out and have another look!

I will find a pic of M in a small soaker.Yes small will fit but Ms smalls went almost up to her armpits :hohoho: (and some of her newborns were pretty big too!)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:40 am

Thank you that was handy! I'll make some proper NB ones then!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)